Payable Accountant Assistant
- Reference NL-HP-4354
- Location Noordwijk, The Netherlands
- Closing date 24 September 2020
HE Space is a successful international space company. For nearly 40 years, we have been supporting our customers with qualified experts in the field of engineering, science and administration. We are currently looking for a Payable Accountant Assistant to support our customer ESA in the Netherlands.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
As part of the Business Management Controlling & Administration team at ESA you will have the following responsibilities:
- Analysing, validating and approving all Agency payments to suppliers incompliance with ESA accounting policy, the Financial Regulations, instructions and procedures (internal rules) carrying out related financial operations and interfaces with suppliers;
- End-of-period adjustments, off setting of pre-payments against progress invoices and vendor clearing, analysis of balances, clearing of accrued costs versus invoices received and other accounting practices related to accounts payable;
- Responding to queries from industry;
- Other ad-hoc financial accounting tasks as requested by management.
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- A Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent professional qualifications in a financial discipline and a significant period of practical experience of financial accounting at ESA or in a comparable environment;
- Familiarity with modern office automation tools and techniques, in particular Microsoft Office or equivalent, as well as customised database and software applications;
- Capacity to identify priority actions and to handle high workload;
- Reliability, commitment and initiative together with a well-balanced autonomy in the execution of the required tasks;
- Experience as a user of SAP and in particular ECC and SRM modules and familiarity with relevant ESA corporate applications (e.g. ESA-p) is an asset;
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
This job is located in Noordwijk, Netherlands. We welcome applicants who are available from October 2020 (or as soon as possible thereafter). If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English and in Word) to Ms Sabrina Kracke, by clicking on the button “Apply for this job” quoting job NL-HP-4354 before 24-Sep-2020.