- Reference NL-HP-4136
- Location Noordwijk, The Netherlands
- Closing date 20 August 2019
Caring about space experts like you for more than 35 years. Matchmaking the best candidates for engineering, scientific and administrative positions at our customers. Investing in you to support the development of the European space industry. This is HE Space.
We are currently looking for a Payable Accountant to support our customer in the Netherlands.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
As part of the Directorate of Internal Services at ESTEC, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Analysing, validating and approving all Agency payments to suppliers in compliance with ESA accounting policy, the Financial Regulations, instructions and procedures (internal rules);
- End-of-period adjustments, offsetting of prepayments against progress invoices and vendor clearing, analysis of balances, clearing of accrued costs versus invoices received and other accounting practices related to accounts payable;
- Contributing to the verification of contracts/purchase orders and CCNs to ensure compliance with financial requirements;
- Contributing to monthly and yearly closure of ESA accounts payable;
- Contributing to drafting instructions, procedures and guidelines for the Sections/Divisions
- Responding to queries from industry;
- Preparing urgent payment lists;
- Maintaining close liaison with the appropriate Cost Centre managers, project managers and administrators providing financial advice and information on the relevant processes;
- Other ad hoc financial accounting tasks as requested by management.
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- Master’s degree or equivalent professional qualifications in a financial discipline and a significant period of practical experience of financial accounting;
- Very good knowledge of SAP and esa-p with regard to Procure-to-Pay process and related procedures;
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
This job is located in Noordwijk.
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send us your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English and in Word) to Ms Agnieszka Iwanczuk via the website www.hespace.com/vacancies, ASAP but no later than 20-Aug-19 quoting job NL-HP-4136.