Part-time Secretary / Administrative Assistant
- Reference UK-HP-4506
- Location Harwell, UK
- Closing date 22 April 2021
HE Space is a successful international space company. For nearly 40 years, we have been supporting our customers with qualified experts in the field of engineering, science and administration. We are currently looking for a Secretary / Administrative Assistant position to support our customer ESA in the United Kingdom part-time.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
As part of the Estates and Facilities Management Service Unit, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Day-to-day support to Unit personnel regarding business travel arrangements, leave management, coordination of training;
- Dealing with incoming telephone calls and information requests;
- Analysing incoming correspondence and documentation and managing distribution of outgoing correspondence and documentation;
- Provision of various logistic support to the Unit;
- Arrivals (office, phone, computer, security, access to databases, information systems) and departures (deregistration, etc.) of Unit personnel;
- Ordering of office supplies and maintenance of stationary;
- Room and resources bookings for meetings and/or events falling under the responsibility of the Unit;
- Administration and handling of shipment of goods and express mail;
- Tasks related to documentation management, distribution/registration of mail and documents;
- Organization of agenda and of meetings;
- Maintaining documents libraries for the Unit, including maintenance of change log, distribution lists, issue information notes to concerned users;
- Maintaining and following up actions lists for the Unit and taken minutes of coordination meetings for the Unit;
- Participation to organisation of events (e.g. workshops, conferences) as required;
- In addition to the above that correspond to standard activities in support to an organisational unit, the work package may also cover the following tasks:
- Support to the Project Review Process.
- Support to visitor service: including access control, preparing visa applications, distribution of information material.
- ESA site administration: including periodical update (e.g. daily) of site schedule, updating and distribution of the site telephone list.
- Participation to the preparation and the publication of internal and external documents, including editing and proofreading.
- Data collection, extraction from various Corporate applications (e.g. SAP, PRISMA) and from various internal sources and data consistency checking and coherence analysis.
- Specific for ECSAT:
- Pro-actively supporting the ECSAT Site Manager in following up of actions, and interfacing with nominated external partners;
- Minute writing support for meetings called by ECSAT Site Manager, according to need
- Support paperwork for outgoing ECSAT transport logistics requests
- In close coordination with ECSAT Site Manager and external interfaces, coordination of the C426 forms for customs clearance for all incoming goods to the UK under ESA privileges;
- Ad-hoc support to the ECSAT Site Manager in restructuring the document set-up for the unit, or other secretarial tasks as and when needed.
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- Secondary education and professional training in administrative support or equivalent qualification;
- Highly proficient with modern electronics office automation tools in particular Microsoft Office suite and electronic mailing (preferably Lotus Notes);
- Familiarity with ESA working environment in a similar position is a distinct advantage;
- Professional and discrete in all interactions with ECSAT employees and external parties;
- Dynamic, highly flexible, efficient, well organised and and an eye for detail;
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
This job is located in Harwell, UK. We welcome applicants who are available from May 2021 (or as soon as possible thereafter).
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English and in Word) to Ms. Sabrina Kracke], by clicking on the button “Apply for this job” quoting job UK-HP-4506 before 22-Apr-21.
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!
HE Space recruiting for ESA!