PA & Safety Support Engineer
- Reference NL-HP-4432
- Location Noordwijk, The Netherlands
- Closing date 28 January 2021
HE Space is a successful international space company. For nearly 40 years, we have been supporting our customers with qualified experts in the field of engineering, science and administration. We are currently looking for a PA & Safety Support Engineer to support our customer ESA in the Netherlands.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
You will be conducting, monitoring & assessing the implementation of the PA & Safety Programme. This includes support to the following activities:
- Establishing the PA&S requirements baseline for all elements of the project, in compliance with the ESA general Product Assurance and Safety policy; Produce and implement plans, define inputs, outputs, participants, responsibilities, interfaces, coordinate efforts of participants, and produce resulting consolidated inputs.;
- Reviewing contractor’s plans, specifications and effort proposed for the execution of the project PA&S programme; Produce reports of review activities performed;
- Monitoring project & PA status & identify relevant PA issues, produce monthly reports of monitoring activities performed;
- Assessing the implementation of PA&S requirements by contractors, participating in design and safety reviews and directing the necessary preventive or corrective actions;
- Participating in the Boards established within the project for the disposition of Non-conformances / Failure Reviews, Test Reviews, etc.;
- Guiding and monitoring the application and procurement of EEE parts, materials and processes and controlling implementation of applicable requirements; Produce reports on guidance provided;
- Monitoring the manufacturing, integration and test activities with quality assurance audits, mandatory and key inspection points, test witnessing and configuration inspections;
- Defining the formal acceptance requirements and conducting the Acceptance Reviews of all contractual deliverable items; Produce and implement plans for the preparation of the formal acceptance requirements;
- Supporting the organisation & management of the support from all PA disciplines;
- Controlling NCR / Waivers / Problems / Critical Items. Produce meeting agendas, produce NRB or CCB minutes of meeting, follow-up on actions identified, ensure proper non-conformance/wavier/problem/critical item close-out. Produce also reports on control activities performed;
- Participating in progress meetings and CCB meetings. Produce inputs, meeting agendas etc.;
- Participating in all project reviews, including safety reviews. Produce reports on all review activities performed.
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in Engineering or another relevant field;
- 10+ years’ experience in the space sector, including 5 years in Product Assurance, preferably in the areas of Earth Observation-, Science Programme, and/or Human Spaceflight and Robotic Exploration;
- Knowledge and experience working with Technology Readiness Levels (TRL) and their use in space R&D activities is an asset;
- Knowledge of Configuration Management or the implementation of Product Assurance within a quality system certified to ISO 9001 would be an asset;
- Excellent interpersonal skills are needed, together with a high degree of organizational and communication abilities;
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
This job is located in Noordwijk, Netherlands. We welcome applicants who are available from March 2021 (or as soon as possible thereafter).
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English and in Word) to Ms Sabrina Kracke, by clicking on the button “Apply for this job” quoting job NL-HP-4432 before 28-Jan-21.
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!