PA and Safety Support Engineer
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
As part of the Galileo System PA&S team at ESA/ESTEC, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Provide PA&S support to the Galileo System Integration and Verification (SIV) activities;
- Review test procedures and test reports;
- Witness test executions and report on the status and major issues;
- Participate in TRRs, PTRs, TRBs;
- Support configuration inspections as needed;
- Supporting the process for evaluation and approval of contractors’ waivers and deviations and the preparation of ESA System waivers and deviations;
- Contribute to the identification and processing of non-conformances and to the proceedings of the Galileo Non-conformance Review Boards (NRB);
- Participate in Project Reviews at System level, and at Segment level when requested, by reviewing documentation, raising comments and RIDs, discussing them with industry and providing feedback particularly on major critical areas;
- Provide PA&S support to the GNSS Evolution development activities and Galileo Security related activities as required;
- Maintain the Office PA&S tools and repositories;
- Support the maintenance of the Navigation Directorate Quality Management System and the implementation of other Management Systems (e.g. Information Security).
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- A university degree (or equivalent) in an engineering discipline;
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in the space sector including 5 years in Product and Quality Assurance;
- Knowledge of Configuration Management or the implementation of Product Assurance within a quality system certified to ISO 9001 would be an asset
- Excellent interpersonal skills are needed, together with a high degree organizational and communication abilities, and comfortable with working in a diverse and multinational team environment.
This job is located in Noordwijk. We welcome applicants who are available from August 2019 (or as soon as possible thereafter). If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English) to Ms Agnieszka Iwanczuk clicking on the button “Apply for this job” ASAP but no later than 28-Jul-19 quoting job NL-4124.