PA and Safety Support Engineer
- Reference NL-HP-4546
- Location Noordwijk, The Netherlands
- Closing date 25 June 2021
HE Space is a successful international space company. For nearly 40 years, we have been supporting our customers with qualified experts in the field of engineering, science and administration. We are currently looking for a PA and Safety Support Engineer to support our customer in the Netherlands.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
As part of Galileo Ground Segment PA Unit in all the activities related to the execution of the Galileo Ground Segment and Software Product Assurance and Safety Programme you will have the following responsibilities:
- Establishing the PA&S requirements baseline for all elements of the project, in compliance with the ESA general Product Assurance and Safety policy; Produce and implement plans, define inputs, outputs, participants, responsibilities, interfaces, coordinate efforts of participants, and produce resulting consolidated inputs;
- Reviewing contractor’s plans, specifications and effort proposed for the execution of the project PA&S programme; Produce reports of review activities performed (e.g. documents reviewed, checklists used, spot check performed) and conclusions/recommendations;
- Guiding and monitoring the implementation of Ground Segment and Software PA&S requirements in order to assess performance/effectiveness, participation in design reviews and directing the necessary preventive or corrective actions;
- Supporting the process for evaluation and approval of waivers and deviations;
- Supporting the project non-conformance process attendance/organization of non-conformance/anomaly and software review boards as necessary;
- Ensuring the implementation of the Ground Segment and Software PA Requirements baseline across the applicable Galileo Ground Segments;
- Monitoring the ground segment and software integration and test activities with quality audits, test witnessing and configuration inspections;
- Supporting the definition of the formal acceptance requirements and conduction of acceptance reviews of all contractual deliverable items;
- Ensuring the preparation of design trade-offs, analyses and reports using RAMS data to support project decisions;
- Supporting security and cyber-security activities for ground segments as appropriate;
- Support the maintenance of the Navigation Directorate Quality Management System.
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- Master's degree of Engineering or equivalent qualification;
- 5 years of experince in Product and Quality Assurance;
- Excellent interpersonal skills are needed, together with a high degree of organizational and communication abilities, and comfortable with working in a diverse and multinational team environment;
- Knowledge of Configuration Management or the implementation of Product Assurance within a quality system certified to ISO 9001 would be an asset;
- Candidates must be eligible for security clearance from their national security administration.
- Software PA, with specific experience (or knowledge of) the following areas is an advantage:
- software engineering (development, maintenance or testing);
- agile practices for software development;
- hands-on experience with static code analysis and tools;
- alternative software development life-cycles, continuous integration and tools.
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
This job is located in Noordwijk. We welcome applicants who are available from September 2021 (or as soon as possible thereafter).
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English and in Word) to Sabrina Kracke, by clicking on the button “Apply for this job” quoting job NL-HP-4546 before 25-Jun-21.
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!
HE Space recruiting for ESA