Optical Instrument/Payload Engineer
- Reference NL-HP-3933
- Location Noordwijk, The Netherlands
- Closing date 24 October 2018
HE Space is a successful international space company. For over 35 years, we have been supporting our customers with qualified experts in the field of engineering, science and administration. We are currently looking for an Optical Instrument/Payload Engineer to support our customer in the Netherlands.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
As part of the Technology Directorate at ESTEC you will have the following responsibilities:
- Support integration and performance testing of optical instruments;
- Participation to instrument design reviews;
- Support of optical instrument developments including resolution of critical development problems;
- Translation of optical payload performance requirements into optical systems specifications;
- Conceptual design of optical systems, as telescopes, spectrometers;
- Optical design analysis and verification including optical tolerances analyses;
- Assessment of opto-mechanical layouts;
- Definition of plans for experimental validation and calibration of optical systems;
- Verification of high precision optical components technology developments.
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- University degree in physics, optics, optical engineering;
- Project and/or industrial experience in the design, engineering and testing of various types of optical instrumentation;
- Project and/or industrial experience in the design, engineering and testing and verification of various types of optical instrumentation;
- Solid experience in precision optical measurements at system, sub-assembly and component level;
- Good working knowledge of ZEMAX and/or CODE V (and preferably also ASAP);
- Experience in space project work, and of operations in a cleanroom environment;
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
This job is located in Noordwijk
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send us your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English and in Word) to Ms Elisa Manfreda at email@example.com, quoting job NL-HP-3933 before 24-Oct-18.