- Reference NL-HP-4263
- Location Noordwijk, The Netherlands
- Closing date 14 May 2020
HE Space is a successful international space company. For over 35 years, we have been supporting our customers with qualified experts in the field of engineering, science and administration. We are currently looking for an Optical Engineer to support our customer in the Netherlands.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
As part of the Technology Directorate at ESA/ESTEC, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Translation of optical payload performance requirements into optical systemsspecifications;
- Conceptual design of optical systems, as telescopes, spectrometers;
- Optical design analysis and verification including optical tolerances analyses;
- Assessment of opto-mechanical layouts;
- Definition of plans for experimental validation and calibration of optical systems;
- Evaluation and analysis of test results;
- Verification of high precision optical components technology developments;
- Support integration and performance testing of optical instruments;
- Participation to instrument design reviews;
- Support of optical instrument developments including resolution of criticaldevelopment problems.
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- Master's degree in Physics or Engineering with background in Optical Engineering;
- Project and/or industrial experience in the design, engineering and testing of various types of optical instrumentation;
- Good working knowledge of ZEMAX and/or CODE V (and preferably also ASAP);
- Hands-on experience in optical manufacturing techniques, alignment and tolerancing.
This job is located in Noordwijk.
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English) to Agnieszka Iwanczuk clicking on the button “Apply for this job” quoting job NL-HP-4263 before 14-May-20.