- Reference NL-HP-4351
- Location Noordwijk, The Netherlands
- Closing date 28 September 2020
HE Space is a successful international space company. For nearly 40 years, we have been supporting our customers with qualified experts in the field of engineering, science and administration. We are currently looking for an Optical Engineer to support our customer in the Netherlands.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
As part of the Automation Optics and Life Sciences Support at ESA/ESTEC, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Follow-up of the Instrument Optical Design Aspects and support the development of the Optical Modules by providing expert technical support to ESA projects and studies for the development of optical space instrumentation throughout all project phases;
- Definition and review of all optical system engineering aspects, including requirements, both at system and subsystem level, internal and external interfaces, and engineering budgets;
- Participating in project reviews and support the evaluation of procurement proposals;
- Contribute to design/optical related performances improvement, in particular by identifying critical development problems and assisting in their resolution;
- Develop mathematical modelling and simulations of optical instruments;
- Support the definition and follow-up of Instrument on-ground calibration activities and of in-orbit commissioning.
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- PhD or Master in Physics or Optical Engineering;
- Project and/or industrial experience in the design, engineering and testing of various types of optical instrumentation;
- Good working knowledge of ZEMAX and/or CODE V (and preferably also ASAP);
- Hands-on experience in optical manufacturing techniques, alignment and tolerancing;
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
This job is located in Noordwijk. We welcome applicants who are available from November 2020 (or as soon as possible thereafter).
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English and in Word) to Mr Yannik Dubois, by clicking on the button “Apply for this job” quoting job NL - HP - 4351 before 28-Sep-20.
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!