OPS-SAT On-board System Engineer
- Reference DED-HP-4010
- Location Darmstadt, Germany
- Closing date 24 February 2019
Caring about space experts like you for more than 35 years. Matchmaking the best candidates for engineering, scientific and administrative positions at our customers. Investing in you to support the development of the European space industry. This is HE Space.
We are currently looking for an OPS-SAT On-board System Engineer to support our customer in Germany.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
As part of the HE Space team of experts at ESOC, your primary areas of responsibility will be the creation, documenting, testing and validation of the OPS-SAT Experiment infrastructure, and have among others the following responsibilities:
- Study of the OPS-SAT specific on-board system on module (SoM) including all hardware and software interfaces with special attention to the Cyclone V FPGA;
- Support creating the infrastructure required to support OPS-SAT Experimenters using the SoM effectively, with special attention on how to integrate experiments into the Cyclone V FPGA;
- Production of the technical documentation and procedures as well as the training documentation;
- Production of the necessary on-board infrastructure in terms of software and VHDL code to be used as a standard template for OPS-SAT experimenters;
- Production of the necessary ground infrastructure to test and validate experiments on the ground before loading to the spacecraft;
- Production of some example experiments to prove the concept and to use as guides for OPS-SAT experimenters;
- Participation in the System Validation Tests (SVT) Programme and in the in-flight commissioning operations;
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- University degree in a related subject;
- Experience in programming FPGAs and embedded programming;
- Experience in activities applicable to spacecraft operations;
- Familiarity with the ESOC environment and with the OPS-SAT mission;
- Ability to work independently as well as in coordination with other service providers in operations;
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage;
- The following previous experience will be considered a strong advantage:
- Altera FPGA programming - especially Cyclone V;
- Embedded programming on ARM-9 processors;
- Embedded programming on the OPS-SAT MityARM SoM.
This job is located in Darmstadt. We welcome applicants who are available from April 2019 (or as soon as possible thereafter).
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English) to Ms Elisa Manfreda clicking on the button “Apply for this job” ASAP but no later than 24-Feb-19 quoting job DED-4010.
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!