On-Board Computer and Data Systems Engineer (Galileo 2nd Generation project)
- Reference NL-HP-4552
- Location Noordwijk, The Netherlands
- Closing date 02 July 2021
HE Space is a successful international space company. For nearly 40 years, we have been supporting our customers with qualified experts in the field of engineering, science and administration. We are currently looking for an On-Board Computer and Data Systems Engineer to support our customer in the Netherlands.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
The On-Board Computer & Data Handling Section provides functional support to ESA projects and carries out technological research (R&D) on turn-key on-board HW Data Handling solutions. This opening is to support to the Galileo 2nd Generation satellite Project. You will have the following responsibilities:
- Provide expert technical support and consultancy to the Galileo projects regarding on-board Computer and Data-Handling systems throughout all project phases;
- Lead and coordinate specialized engineering support provided by the Directorates of Technical & Quality Management and Operation for participating in feasibility studies, project reviews and the evaluation of procurement proposals within the DHS perimeter;
- Identifying critical DHS development problems and assisting in their resolution;
- Monitoring the industrial work associated with design, development, validation, qualification and acceptance of the on-board Computer and Data-Handling systems and associated equipment ensuring that these meet the satellite and security requirements;
- Monitoring the industrial activities related to the definition and execution of the satellite verification programme in the areas of responsibility, including implementation and monitoring of AIT/AIV activities on Data Handling sub-systems and equipment;
- Elaborating in the area of expertise the dispositions related to anomaly-handling, NRBs, NCR process, RFD/W, etc.;
- Preparing the inputs in the area of expertise for the Satellite Verification Control Board and Space Segment Control Boards’ processes;
- Regular and ad hoc reporting to the Satellite Platform Manager on all aspects of on-board Computer and Data-Handling sub-system and equipment development, proactive monitoring of relevant schedules.
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- Master degree in electronics, networks, telecommunications or a related field is required;
- Solid professional experience in the fields of space hardware related to platform and payload data handling equipment (units, modules and boards). This includes the ability to design, review and simulate analogue and digital electronics for data handling units (use of FPGA/processors/micro-controllers, single-point-failure-free circuitry, failure containment techniques and use of COTS with radiation mitigation techniques);
- Design and Use of Data Handling Electrical Ground Support Equipment (EGSE) will be an asset;
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
This job is located in Noordwijk.
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English and in Word) to Agnieszka Iwanczuk, by clicking on the button “Apply for this job” quoting job NL-4552 before 02-Jul-21.
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!