Materials and Processes Engineer
- Reference NL - HP- 4356
- Location Noordwijk, The Netherlands
- Closing date 27 September 2020
HE Space is a successful international space company. For nearly 40 years, we have been supporting our customers with qualified experts in the field of engineering, science and administration. We are currently looking for a Metallic Materials and Processes Engineer to support our customer in the Netherlands.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
As part of the Materials & Processes Section at ESA/ESTEC, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Processing, testing, and performance evaluation of metallic materials and processes (e.g. Al-alloys, Ti-alloys, steel) including their surface treatment and joining technologies;
- Processing, testing, and performance evaluation of polymer materials and processes (e.g. polymer matrix composites) including their joining/bonding technologies;
- Processing, testing, and performance evaluation of ceramic materials (e.g. SiC) and their joining technologies.
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- Master or PhD in materials sciences or mechanical engineering;
- Minimum 4 years of experience in materials and processes engineering;
- Good knowledge about general materials test methodologies and especially experience in mechanical testing and fatigue life assessment;
- Experience in defining and executing test plans for materials qualification and process validation;
- Capability to take decisions for selection of materials and processes for space applications;
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
This job is located in Noordwijk. We welcome applicants who are available from November 2020 (or as soon as possible thereafter).
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English and in Word) to Mr Leandros Foteinias, by clicking on the button “Apply for this job” quoting job NL-HP-4356 before 27-Sep-20.
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!