Telecommunications System Engineer
- Reference NL-HP-4652
- Location Noordwijk, The Netherlands
- Closing date 06 December 2021
HE Space is a successful international space company. For nearly 40 years, we have been supporting our customers with qualified experts in the field of engineering, science and administration. We are currently looking for a Telecommunications System Engineer to support our customer in the Netherlands.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
In support and reporting to the 4S Programme Manager the selected candidate will coordinate the activities required for setting-up future Institutional and European telecommunications Programmes/ Initiatives/ Activities in the area of secure satcom for safety and security, research programs (H2020, Horizon Europe) and partnership programms. The activities notably include the support of preparatory activities, actions and implementation in cooperation with the relevant stakeholders (Industry, National Agencies, EU Institutions). These activities include:
- Supporting the Project preparation and implementation and managing industrial activities;
- Provide support to the 4S programme Manager/System Engineer/Technical Leads in coordinating ESA internal studies and preparing the associated documentation;
- Support the ESA 4S programme Manager/System Engineer/Technical Leads in monitoring the coherent and cost-effective implementation of requirements from system level down to the lower sub-system level;
- Participation in Agency Reviews, notably supporting the 4S programme Manager/System Engineer/Technical Leads in organizing the Phase A/B System Requirements Review and Preliminary Design Review as well as lower-level technical reviews in the relevant field of interest;
- Supporting the definition of technology activities or additional technical studies in preparation of the next Phase of the Programme in the appropriate areas of competence;
- Assessment of new concepts and techniques to be applied to next generation telecommunication systems for both space and ground segment.
- Preparation of inputs to status reports.
Regular reporting of progress to the ESA System Engineers and the 4S Programme Manager. In the execution of the tasks, the Telecommunication Systems Engineer will liaise closely and proactively with the rest of the Programme team as well as with other colleagues within the Telecommunications Technologies, Products and Services Department. In particular as support to the 4S programme Manager the tasks will include:
- Support Implementation Projects for preliminary System definition and validation. This can Include test bed Systems and emulator or simulator of systems;
- Support to preparatory activities in the course of defining and setting up new programme elements and the related programmatic frameworks;
- Support in the creation of information packages to Decision Makers and industrial partners;
- Support in the creation of internal or external decision documents (e.g. proposals to the ESA programme boards) throughout the relevant project lifetime;
- Identification and characterisation of new services and applications;
- Support to other projects or Directorates of ESA for the definition and operational assessment of applications and services;
- Support to standardisation activities in specific areas;
- Monitoring of and reporting about activities in other ARTES Elements or other relevant programmes including EC programmes;
- Initiation, preparation and running promotion activities, like workshops with Industry other agencies or National Delegation as well as media related activities (e.g. web-articles);
- Initiation of and/or participation in international working groups.
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- Experience in an international team is required;
- Candidates should also possess very good interpersonal skills, be well-organised, pro-active, self-motivated and able to work effectively in a matrix structure. Good communication skills, problem solving skills and be able to manage relationships, work in a team;
- Proven capabilities in preparation of programmatic frameworks requiring system and strategic thinking;
- Experience in System Test Bed (End to End);
- Relevant experience in System requirements analysis, design, implementation and operations, and associated management experience;
- Sound knowledge of the overall space market;
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
This job is located in Noordwijk. We welcome applicants who are available from February 2021 (or as soon as possible thereafter).
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English and in Word) to Vicente Gracia, by clicking on the button “Apply for this job” quoting job NL-HP-4652 before 06-Dec-21.
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!
HE Space recruiting for ESA