New Satcom Concepts Officer
- Reference UK-HP-4364
- Location Harwell, UK
- Closing date 02 October 2020
HE Space is a successful international space company. For nearly 40 years, we have been supporting our customers with qualified experts in the field of engineering, science and administration. We are currently looking for a New Satcom Concepts Officer to support our customer ESA/ECSAT in the United Kingdom.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
You will have the following responsibilities:
- Contributing to the gathering and analysis of business intelligence and market information related to the global satellite communications sector, the Information and Communications Technology (ICT) industry, as well as global economic and industrial trends and developments. Identifying and investigating market and technology trends relevant to the development of the satcom sector;
- Assessing and identifying the industrial, academic, and institutional players from across the satellite communications sector in order to support the ESA to properly understand, influence, and sustenance the satellite communications sector by developing future development and growth plans;
- Identifying, studying, and developing new satcom system concepts and applications: including new satellite system architectures, new services and applications, and improving integration and interoperation with terrestrial systems. This includes supporting ESA in commissioning and managing technical studies and investigations conducted both within the ESA and with external partners, as well as specific effort to publicise and disseminate activity outcomes;
- Support Identification and definition of future technology development activities, in terms of either technology feasibility demonstrations, product and system development support or in-orbit validation and demonstration needs, as well as exploring ‘spin-in’ opportunities from other relevant high technology application areas;
- Support preparatory activities to create new ESA-initiated satellite communication projects;
- Support ITT process for commissioning project Phase 0/A/B studies with industrial partners. Managing their subsequent execution leading to a detailed definition for the design, development, integration, testing, validation and functional performance trials and pilots for the new project;
- Support the provision of ESA technical support to these preparatory activities to ensure their effective initiation and management.
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- Master's degree or equivalent in a relevant Engineering discipline;
- Knowledge of Satcom system architectures, products and market;
- Knowledge and experience of telecommunication systems definition from requirement phase to implementation aspects;
- Knowledge of industrial costs and schedule aspects;
- Strong project management experience for complex project with high technical risk;
- Experience in procurement processes and contract management as well as applied negotiation skills;
- Knowledge of industrial development, verification and procurement processes;
- Ability to gather and share relevant information;
- Ability to support the definition of a technology development strategy;
- Strong Inter-personal communication skills: both verbal and written;
- A focus on results/delivery;
- Team working: across ESA Department and Directorate boundaries as well as with external partners;
- Planning and Organisational abilities;
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
This job is located in Harwell. We welcome applicants who are available from November 2020 (or as soon as possible thereafter).
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English and in Word) to Ms Chiara Grossardi, by clicking on the button “Apply for this job” quoting job UK-HP- 4364 before 02-Oct-20.
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!