Network Security/Firewall Expert (project)
- Reference DED-HP-4374
- Location Darmstadt, Germany
- Closing date 30 November 2020
HE Space is a successful international space company. For nearly 40 years, we have been supporting our customers with qualified experts in the field of engineering, science and administration. We are currently looking for a Network Security / Firewall Expert to support our customer in Germany.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
To support our customer in Germany The Contractor is required to provide consultancy for Firewall Management and Orchestration with the following responsibilities:
The following tasks/responsibilities will required:
- Perform On-site / Virtual Workshop to derive requirements, and agree selection criteria;
- Perform a market survey to identify which products would be the best viable options;
- Perform a pros/cons trade-study and present the results to the customer;
- Support the implementation of the agreed firewall solutions in the customer’s facility;
- Report of the workshop, showing the use cases and agreed selection criteria
- Draft report of market analysis with clear unbiased trade-off analysis, including a scorecard containing clear selection criteria leading to a recommendation of suitable COTS product
- Final report and presentation of market analysis with clear unbiased trade-off analysis, including a scorecard containing clear selection criteria leading to a recommendation of suitable COTS product
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- Master’s degree in Software Engineering, IT or equivalent from an accredited university;
- Experience in the design, implementation and maintenance of network and security systems;
- Experience in complex systems requiring a high availability and high security needs in a 24/7 operating environment, preferably with large, distributed, heterogeneous IT environments;
- Experience in compliance re-engineering of legacy network systems with respect to security aspects;
- Experience in market surveys and implementation of firewall orchestration / management software, firewall rule audit and corrective actions;
- Design and implementation of Network security anomaly detection;
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
The job can be performed remotely, but there will be occasional trips to the customer in Darmstadt. The job is a project based for approximatelly 4 months.
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English and in Word) to Agnieszka Iwanczuk, by clicking on the button “Apply for this job” quoting job DED-HP-4374 asap.
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!