Network Security Engineer
- Reference DE-HP-4679
- Location Darmstadt, Germany
- Closing date 31 December 2022
HE Space is a successful international space company. For 40 years, we have been supporting our customers with qualified experts in the field of engineering, science and administration.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
As a member of a team providing services to EUMETSAT you will be providing support for the Technical and Scientific Support Division.
You will have the following responsibilities:
- Refinement of the related System Requirements specifications;
- In some cases:
- Market surveys;
- Benchmark of existing solutions against the specifications;
- Detailed design;
- Testing, verification, and operational validation;
- Support the routine maintenance of the security systems:
- Day to day preventive maintenance activities;
- Identification of improvements and opportunities;
- Generation of maintenance reports;
- Regression testing;
- Anomaly investigation and processing.
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- Knowledge and experience in the design, implementation and maintenance of network and security systems;
- Experience in complex systems requiring a high availability and high security needs in a24/7 operating environment, preferably with large, distributed, heterogeneous IT environments;
- Experience in:
- Obsolescence and compliance re-engineering;
- Re-engineering of legacy network systems with respect to security aspects;
- Configuration Support and Audit;
- Identification and implementation of firewall management software;
- Firewall rule audit and corrective actions;
- Identification and implementation of compliance actions;
- Intrusion prevention and detection, security monitoring;
- Implementation & Management of Next Generation Firewalls;
- Design and implementation of Network security anomaly detection;
- Identification and implementation of DNS log management and analysis;
- Traffic management and recording;
- Implementation and management of network flow visibility software;
- Identification and implementation of software/hardware solution for dynamic traffic sampling and replay;
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
This job is located in Darmstadt.
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English and in Word or PDF) to Leandros Foteinias, by clicking on the button “Apply for this job” quoting job DE-HP-4679.
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!
Please note: Due to work permit requirements for this position, please apply only if you are citizen of a European Union state or if you are eligible to obtain a work permit for Germany,