Multi-Mission Elements Upgrade Engineer
- Reference DE-HP-4185
- Location Darmstadt , Germany
- Closing date 23 October 2019
Caring about space experts like you for more than 35 years. Matchmaking the best candidates for engineering, scientific and administrative positions at our customers. Investing in you to support the development of the European space industry. This is HE Space. We are currently looking for a Multi-Mission Elements Upgrade Engineer to support our customer in Germany.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
As part of the Generic Systems and Infrastructure Division of EUMETSAT, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Contribute to the ground segment requirements analysis, services definitions, architectural design, requirements implementation, verification of the MME parts of future/to be upgraded Ground Segments and support to their validation;
- Requirements analysis of Ground Segment/System requirements against the MMEs;
- Generation of MME services definitions, compliance matrices, design justification;
- Generation of verification plans, test cases, test specifications and procedures and related verification control documents for the MME services verifications;
- Contribution to analysis and evolution of current System Design to enhance the MME Services so as to meet Ground segments/System requirements;
- Generation and Maintenance of MME Interface Control Documents (ICDs);
- Support to the Generation and/or Maintenance of Ground Segment/System ICDs;
- Contribute to Ground Segment Integration, Verification and Validation (IV&V) tests for the MME services.
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- University degree in Aerospace Engineering or equivalent in a relevant discipline;
- Minimum of five years working experience in the analysis and generation of requirements, development, testing, operations and maintenance of ground segments;
- Experience in the field of Systems Engineering and architectural design for ground segment systems;
- Capability to prepare system requirements and design documents, and to perform system-level analyses for complex satellite-based systems;
- Experience in writing technical requirements (preferably to ECSS standards);
- Experience in interface management and definition. Familiarity with mechanisms and tools for detailed interface definition;
- Capability to prepare and maintain ICDs. Definition and formalization of interfaces between complex systems;
- Knowledge of space and ground system engineering processes, and system and software life-cycles and standards;
- Definition, management and traceability of requirements structure with the support of dedicated tools (e.g. DOORS);
- Experience in Integration, Verification and Validation (IV&V) of complex systems;
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
This job is located in Darmstadt.
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English) to Mr Leandros Foteinias clicking on the button “Apply for this job” ASAP but no later than 23-Oct-19 quoting job DE-HP-4185.
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!
Please note: Due to work permit requirements for this position, please apply only if you are citizen of a European Union state or if you are eligible to obtain a work permit for Germany.