Multi-mission Dissemination Operations Engineer
- Reference DED-HP-3981
- Location Darmstadt, Germany
- Closing date 02 February 2019
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
As part of the Near-Real Time dissemination services, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Dissemination operations and engineering activities for both missions in their routine operations phase, as well as for the commissioning and then routine phase of new missions;
- Dissemination and encryption operations such as: scheduling and coordination of daily operations of the dissemination systems, monitoring the dissemination and encryption functions within the Ground Segments, anomaly investigation, design and development of scripts needed for the operations;
- Operational Data Flow Monitoring and Reporting;
- Contribute to the generation, maintenance and update of dissemination operations related design, user documentation, procedures or operations guides;
- Liaise and coordinate as required the dissemination aspect with the GS facility operations teams, the system operations teams, the system operations analysts, the mission analysts, and the dissemination analysts, as well as with dissemination related service providers;
- Contribute to the Evolutions of the Dissemination Systems.
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- University degree (or equivalent) in a discipline relevant to the job profile;
- Operations or software maintenance of real-time file-based data dissemination systems;
- Familiar with DVB satellite communications and ground segment operations;
- Experience in major Linux distributions and Windows (Windows 7, 8, 10) as user;
- Computer analysis skills, including analysis of events and logs, and be familiar with Excel;
- Experience in providing near real-time data services in a high-availability environment (24/7);
- Monitoring of near real time data flows in large computer networks;
- First and second level support in data services;
- Basic system admin skills, i.e. configuration, installation and scripting for Linux and Windows;
- Encryption technologies, USB smart cards, TripleDES;
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
This job is located in Darmstadt. We welcome applicants who are available from February 2019 (or as soon as possible thereafter).
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English and in Word) to Ms Elisa Manfreda clicking on the button "Apply for this job", ASAP but no later than 03-Feb-2019 quoting job DED-HP-3981.
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!