Mission Control Systems Engineer
- Reference DED-HP-3723
- Location Darmstadt, Germany
- Closing date 29 July 2018
HE Space is a successful international space company. For over 35 years, we have been supporting our customers with qualified experts in the field of engineering, science and administration. We are currently looking for a Mission Control Systems Engineer to support our customer in Germany.
Mission Control Systems Engineer
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
As Mission Control Systems Engineer, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Requirements engineering (mainly related to the verification processes);
- Maintenance of System Technical Documentation;
- Creation of System Engineering models of Ground Systems using an MBSE approach;
- Perform technical analysis of system architecture and specification evolutions;
- Contribute to the IV&V testing approach for major evolutions and new operational systems;
- Contribute to development Projects and to the definition of the IV&V activities;
- Engineering Tasks providing System Engineering expertise to CRB’s and ARB’s;
- Impact analysis of ICT evolutions in operational systems;
- Analysis, investigations and resolution of system and ground segment level anomalies;
- Provide expert inputs to System Engineering tasks;
- Design of mission control and operations ground segment elements;
- Planning, preparation and execution of integration and verification activities;
- Participate to the description of the system architecture and interfaces between external systems and the mission specific elements of the ground system.
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- University degree in engineering or another relevant discipline;
- Profound knowledge of and experiences in several of the following disciplines:
- Analysis of systems applications and modelling;
- Systems Engineering and architectural design for ground segment systems;
- Prepare system requirements and design documents, and to perform system-level analyses for complex satellite-based systems;
- Writing technical requirements (preferably to ECSS standards);
- Mechanisms and tools for detailed interface definition.
- Preparation and management of ICDs.
- Modelling and design languages for System Engineering (e.g. SysML) and tools in support of architectural design activities (e.g. Vitech CORE, Enterprise Architect);
- Space and ground system engineering processes, and system and software life-cycles and standards;
- Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) methods, techniques and tools;
- Definition, management and traceability of requirements structure with the support of dedicated tools (e.g. DOORS);
- Experience in Integration, Verification and Validation (IV&V) of complex systems;
- Satellite monitoring and control systems (including Flight Dynamics and S/C Simulators);
- Data processing
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
This job is located in Darmstadt. We welcome applicants who are available from September 2018 (or as soon as possible thereafter).
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send us your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English and in Word) to Ms Schirin Schimansky at firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting job DED-HP-3723 before 29-Jul-18.
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!