Microwave/Mm-Wave Technology and Equipment Engineer
- Reference NL-HP-4402
- Location Noordwijk, The Netherlands
- Closing date 02 December 2020
HE Space is a successful international space company. For nearly 40 years, we have been supporting our customers with qualified experts in the field of engineering, science and administration. We are currently looking for a Microwave/Mm-Wave Technology and Equipment Engineer to support our customer in the Netherlands.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
As part of the dynamic team at ESTEC/ESA, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Contribute to the design, development and performance evaluation of RF equipment and technologies applicable to space and ground segments;
- Provide expert technical support to ESA projects and programmes;
- Development of test beds and characterization of RF
- Equipment/Payloads, such as:
- Time & frequency equipment e.g. clocks, oscillators, control units, frequency converters;
- RF active equipment e.g. high power amplifier, low noise amplifier,
- MMICs, Transmit/Receive modules;
- RF passive equipment e.g. filters, switches, ferrite devices;
- RF Payloads for GNSS, Telecom, EO or Science applications;
- Microwave and mm-wave test beds;
- Life- and TVAC test beds.
- Development of software (e.g. Lab View) for automated testing, controland monitoring of RF performance;
- Contribute to the generation of innovative ideas in the field of RF equipment and technologies and to the definition of ESA R&D programmes;
- Define technical requirements and statements of work for the tasks to be performed by industry from early conceptual studies to full hardware development;
- Contribute to the development/usage of section related laboratory facilities and analysis/simulation tools;
- Maintain state-of-the-art expertise by monitoring the technological trends and applying them in the day-to-day tasks.
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- Master or PhD in Electrical, Electronics or Telecommunication engineering;
- Good background on development of RF equipment and technologies for space applications;
- Several years of experience in the field of testing of RF equipment and RF payloads for space applications;
- Project skills and management of R&D contracts;
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
This job is located in Noordwijk. We welcome applicants who are available from January 2021 (or as soon as possible thereafter).
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English and in Word) to Mr Leandros Foteinias, by clicking on the button “Apply for this job” quoting job NL-HP-4402 before 02-Dec-20.
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!
HE Space recruiting for ESA