- Reference NL-HP-4171
- Location Noordwijk, The Netherlands
- Closing date 30 September 2019
Caring about space experts like you for more than 35 years. Matchmaking the best candidates for engineering, scientific and administrative positions at our customers. Investing in you to support the development of the European space industry. This is HE Space.
We are currently looking for a Microwave Engineer to support our customer in the Netherlands.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
As part of the Directorate of Technology, Engineering and Quality, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Contribute to the design, development and performance evaluation of RF technologies applicable to space and ground segments, with particular emphasis on Time and Frequency equipment, components and technologies (Atomic clocks, Master Oscillators, VCOs, T&F transfer);
- Development, integration, configuration and running of RF test set-ups for evaluating the performance of RF subsystems for ground/space applications such as:
Atomic Clocks and Time and Frequency Test beds
ESTEC’s UTC facility
Linear and Non-linear characterisation of subsystems/devices
TT&C and Communication payloads
- Development of software (e.g. Lab View) for automated testing, control and monitoring of RF performance;
- Contribute to the generation of innovative ideas in the field of RF equipment and technologies and to the definition of ESA R&D programmes;
- Define technical requirements and statements of work for the tasks to be performed by industry from early conceptual studies to full hardware development;
- Contribute to the development/usage of section related laboratory facilities and analysis/simulation tools.
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- University Master’s degree in Microwave or RF Electronics Engineering;
- Good background on RF equipment and technologies for space application;
- Several years of working experience in the field of Time and Frequency equipment, components and technologies
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
This job is located in Noordwijk. We welcome applicants who are available from November 2019 (or as soon as possible thereafter).
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English) to Ms Chiara Grossardi clicking on the button “Apply for this job” ASAP but no later than 30-Sep-19 quoting job NL-HP-4171.
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!