Micro - Electronics Engineer
- Reference NL-HP-4293
- Location Noordwijk, The Netherlands
- Closing date 22 June 2020
Caring about space experts like you for more than 35 years. Matchmaking the best candidates for engineering, scientific and administrative positions at our customers. Investing in you to support the development of the European space industry. This is HE Space. We are currently looking for a Micro-Electronics Engineer to support our customer in the Netherlands.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
Providing technical support to ESA projects in the domain of Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA) used in payloads and platforms of ESA missions of any ESA programme: Navigation, Science, Earth Observation, Telecommunications, Human Space Exploration or Technology, you will have the following tasks:
- Supervision of the end-to-end development of new FPGAs throughout all thedevelopment phases: specification, architectural design, detailed design, place androute, programming and device tests;
- Critical review of the technical documentation, design files, hardware test platforms andsoftware used during the different phases of the FPGA developments;
- Providing technical feedback and advice to ESA and industry mission teams to helpachieve successful and on-time/on-budget new FPGA developments and to solveproblems related to already developed FPGAs;
- Leading and/or providing support to research internal (in ESTEC MicroelectronicsLaboratory) and/or external (with companies contracted by ESA) activities in thedomain of FPGAs devices and their tool ecosystems for use in space environment.
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- A university degree in Electronics Engineering or Physics, specialized in Microelectronicswith severals years of working experience;
- Experience in Design and test of digital FPGAs (specifications, block design, top level integration, design for test, pre and post layout simulation and timing analysis, gatessynthesis, support during layout, prototype test and in system validation), withproficiency in HDL (VHDL, Verilog and System-C);
- Proficiency in VLSI IC Design CAD tools such as: Synopsys, CADENCE, Mentor, Mathlaband/or Simulink;
- Knowledge of FPGA HW and SW of several vendors such as: Xilinx, Microchip (former Microsemi, former ACTEL), NanoXplore, Altera and/or Atmel;
- Experience in Preparing FPGA test-benches, for functional validation and electricalcharacterization, using signal generators, oscilloscopes and signal analyzers;
- Basic system administration knowledge in UNIX and Windows for IC Design CAD tools.
This job is located in Noordwijk. We welcome applicants who are available from July 2020 (or as soon as possible thereafter).
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send us your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English and in Word) to Ms. Sabrina Kracke via the website https://www.hespace.com/vacancies, ASAP but no later than 22-Jun-20 quoting job NL-HP-4293.