Metop Spacecraft Operations Engineer
- Reference DED-HP-4197
- Location Darmstadt, Germany
- Closing date 31 December 2019
HE Space is a successful international space company. For over 30 years, we have been supporting our customers with qualified experts in the field of engineering, science and administration. We are currently looking for a Metop Spacecraft Operations Engineer to support our customer in Germany.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
As part of the Metop Spacecraft Operations Team at EUMETSAT, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Provision of operational expertise to one or more platform subsystems and/or payload instruments;
- Maintain the corresponding operations documentation and flight procedures, including the update and operational validation of procedures releases in a configuration controlled environment;
- Perform trending and performance analysis on the corresponding subsystems and instruments, including definition and possibly prototyping of additional analysis checks where necessary;
- Investigations into satellite anomalies;
- Participation in the satellite on-call support rota;
- Identification and support to implementation of system and process improvements concerning the Metop Spacecraft Operations Team responsibilities and interfaces;
- Provide inputs and review the definition of system and satellite operational concepts;
- Review space to ground interface specifications and flight operations manuals;
- Support the definition of tools and processes required to prepare for and operate the satellites;
- Provide operations preparation support as required to the Sentinel-3 and Jason- CS developments.
Skills & Experience
- You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- University degree (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline;
- Experience in Spacecraft monitor and control operations;
- Knowledge of Spacecraft operations preparation engineering;
- Low Earth Orbit spacecraft design or Assembly Integration and Test activities at system or subsystem level;
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
This job is located in Darmstadt.
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send us your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English and in Word) to Ms Agnieszka Iwanczuk at email@example.com, quoting job DED-HP-4197 at your earliest convenience.