- Reference NL-HP-4541
- Location Noordwijk, The Netherlands
- Closing date 22 June 2021
HE Space is a successful international space company. For nearly 40 years, we have been supporting our customers with qualified experts in the field of engineering, science and administration. We are currently looking for an Mechanisms Engineer to support our customer in the Netherlands.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
You will have the following responsibilities:
- Mechanisms support to all ESA project directorates with respect to the implementation of space mechanism technologies in current and future missions, including configuration assessments and mission performance evaluation;
- Establishment of Statement of Work and Preliminary Requirement Specifications for Mechanism Systems, Individual Mechanisms or Mechanism components dedicated to Technology and Research & Development;
- Perform and support in the role of Mechanism engineer, System Level Mission Definition studies and system conceptual design activities in support of the ESA long term/future mission plans;
- Identification of enabling mechanism and tribological technologies for future ESA missions;
- Support investigations of mechanisms being out of performance, including malfunctions and contingency scenarios;
- Support and contribute to the establishment and maintenance of the Space Mechanisms ECSS Engineering Standards;
- Generation and set-up of appropriate space mechanisms analysis and simulation models using analysis tools based on technical documentation of space mechanisms. Back up and archiving of analysis models for later retrieval.
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- Master or PhD in Mechanical Engineering;
- Relevant experience within the field of mechanism design, analysis, verification and testing;
- Having 10 years of experience in Space mechanisms development would be an asset;
- Excellent knowledge in space system engineering, specializing in mechanisms, knowledge of the Space Mechanism ECSS standard and its application to the design and verification of mechanisms, together with a good knowledge of space mechanism testing and verification methodologies and techniques and a good knowledge of related mechanisms numerical analysis tools such as Adams, VirtualLab Motion, SIMPACK, Matlab/Simulink, Maxwell, Fluxetc;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to work effectively, autonomously and cooperatively in a diverse and international team environment, defining and implementing solutions in line with team and individual objectives, as well as project deadlines.
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
This job is located in Noordwijk. We welcome applicants who are available from September 2021 (or as soon as possible thereafter).
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English and in Word) to Yannik Dubois, by clicking on the button “Apply for this job” quoting job NL-HP-4541 before 22-Jun-21.
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!
HE Space recruiting for ESA