Mechanical AIT Technician
- Reference NL-HP-4399
- Location Noordwijk, The Netherlands
- Closing date 26 November 2020
HE Space is a successful international space company. For nearly 40 years, we have been supporting our customers with qualified experts in the field of engineering, science and administration. We are currently looking for a Mechanical AIT Technician to support our customer in the Netherlands.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
As part of a dynamic team part of the Galileo project, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Support or be responsible for the definition, design and preparation of the Test Campaign;
- Mechanical Test Setup;
- MGSE preparation, documentation, verification;
- Preparation of hardware for the shipment to the Test and Launch Campaign;
- Preparation of items for storage;
- Prepare list of items for shipment or storage;
- Prepare list of items necessary for the Test or Launch Campaign;
- Participate to the installation and dismount of the Test Instrumentation;
- Participate to the integration and, if needed, dismount of the flight hardware from the satellite;
- Participate to the integration and, if needed, deinstallation of large appendages, such as solar wings, reflector, optical elements and other parts of the satellite;
- Prepare tools and GSE for usage;
- Lay and connect (by crimping, connection, etc.) flight and test harnesses;
- Prepare, install, repair and dismount, if needed, of thermal hardware, such as MLI’s, heaters, thermistors, insulations, protections, etc;
- Install and, if needed, dismount glued parts, using self-polymerizing or multicomponent glues;
- Connect/disconnect flight and non-flight connectors;
- Contribute to the daily log and the other several logbooks in the clean room;
- Participate to the continuous daily activities around the satellite, during several phases;
- Contribute to the well order and conditions of the work area.
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- Mechanical technician, with experience in working for Space Business or related matters (3 years of experience);
- The successful candidate will have to do shift work during test phases (not always). Operations 24/7;
- Knowledge of the general rules for working in a clean room and for getting in contact with technological items of high level;
- Knowledge of typical operations around a satellite/ principles of mechanics;
- Teamwork capability;
- Good relationship capabilities in relationship to the customer;
- Understanding of issues, identify root causes, define solutions;
- Good reporting to the line manager;
- Work mainly with procedures and under a severe quality control;
- Flexibility in work organization;
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
This job is located in Noorwijk. We welcome applicants who are available from November 2020 (or as soon as possible thereafter).
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English and in Word) to Ms Sabrina Kracke, by clicking on the button “Apply for this job” quoting job NL-HP-4399 before 26-Nov-20.
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!
HE Space recruiting for ESA