LEO Positioning Navigation and Timing Systems Engineer
- Reference UK-HP-4438
- Location Harwell, UK
- Closing date 19 March 2021
Caring about space experts like you for nearly 40 years. Matchmaking the best candidates for engineering, scientific and administrative positions at our customers. Investing in you to support the development of the European space industry. This is HE Space. We are currently looking for a LEO Positioning Navigation and Timing Systems Engineer to support our customer in the United Kingdom.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
As part of a dynamic organization, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Specify future LEO PNT systems, hybridising techniques used for GNSS augmentation with high performance broadband satellite communications services;
- Engage with the research and industrial base, to define and direct research activities, to build consortia and to secure collaborative R&D projects that will be used to develop, test and validate the service concepts;
- Engage with end-user communities and channel partners to create solutions that ultimately exploit the deployed capabilities;
- Work with a small multi-disciplinary team of engineers to develop satellite system and service concepts, undertaking system design trade-offs, creating simulations of system behaviour, and analysing performance;
- Support the transition of LEO PNT system through a development, testing and deployment phase.
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- Degree in Satellite Navigation or a relevant discipline;
- Minimum of 5+ years in the satellite navigation/GNSS domain;
- In-depth understanding of the principles underpinning GNSS augmentation;
- Practical experience in the specification, design and modelling of GNSS or similar systems;
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
This job is located in Harwell.
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send us your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English and in Word) to Mr. Leandros Foteinias by clicking on the button “Apply for this job” as soon as possible quoting job UK-HP-4438.
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!