I&V (Integration and Verification) Engineer
- Reference DE - 4238
- Location Darmstadt, Germany
- Closing date 17 February 2020
HE Space is a successful international space company. For over 30 years, we have been supporting our customers with qualified experts in the field of engineering, science and administration. We are currently looking for a I&V Engineer to support our customer in Germany.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
As part of the I&V system engineering service of ground segments or sub-segments, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Verification Control: for the requirements to be verified by test propose/define the testing activities. Ensure the scope is in line with the expected versions and that the testing activities can be scheduled within the foreseen timeframe;
- Observing and analysis of I&V tests run at segment and/or sub-segment level;
- Writing of integration and verification test specifications;
- Identification of test tools and test data needed (and plan any necessary development of test tools and the tuning/modification of test data);
- Based on initial test specifications and other relevant documents (lower level test docs, user manuals, etc), write detailed test procedures;
- By successive iterations, refine the test procedures until they are in a status ready to be executed;
- Set up the test tools and refine the test data;
- Analysis of problems and management of anomalies;
- Contribute to the IV&V testing approach for major evolutions of the operational ground systems and contribute to the co-ordination of the installation, integration, verification and validation of new systems into the operational infrastructure;
- Contribute to or prepare the IV&V plans. Support the team during the project reviews in relation to the I&V documentation (plans, VCD, RTS, …).
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- University degree (or equivalent) in a discipline relevant to the job profile;
- Several years of experience in software development and I&V (full lifecycle) in line with well-established standards, preferably ECSS;
- Capability to prepare system requirements and design documents, and to perform system-level analyses for complex satellite-based systems;
- Familiarity with mechanisms and tools for detailed interface definition;
- Capability to prepare and manage ICD;
- Knowledge of space and ground system engineering processes, and system and software life-cycles and standards;
- Experience in Integration, Verification and Validation (IV&V) of complex systems;
- Experience in operational environments under strict configuration management rules;
- Automated Testing;
- Operating systems: UNIX/Linux and Windows;
- Relational databases:e.g. MySQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL, MSAccess;
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
This job is located in Darmstadt.
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send us your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English and in Word) to Mr Yannik Dubois, clicking on the button “Apply for this job”, quoting job DE - 4238 before 17-Feb-20.
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!
Please note: Due to work permit requirements for this position, please apply only if you are citizen of a European Union state or if you are eligible to obtain a work permit for Germany.