- Reference NL-HP-4304
- Location Noordwijk, The Netherlands
- Closing date 30 July 2020
HE Space is a successful international space company. For nearly 40 years, we have been supporting our customers with qualified experts in the field of engineering, science and administration. We are currently looking for a DevOps Engineer to support our customer in the Netherlands.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
As part of the Scientific Support Office at ESA/ESTEC, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Support the system administrators with specific tasks, e.g. Oracle RDBMS maintenance, Network backups;
- Support system administration of all the computer systems used by the local Scientific Support;
- Office for scientific research activities (installation, upgrading and regular security patching of the operating systems: Solaris, Oracle Linux, Ubuntu);
- Supporting and maintaining NAS devices, virtual environments, GRID and load balancers;
- Installation, security patching and support of commercial and public domain software (Liferay, content Server, Central Authentication System, Oracle Database, MySQL, web services, directory services, IDL, Matlab, Mathematica, backup services, print services, license services and the like);
- Provide proper documentation on supporting and enhancing the IT infrastructure.
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- Masters in Information Technology or equivalent qualification;
- Familiar with scrum/agile methodologies;
- Familiar with DevOps tools for IT Infrastructure and Operations;
- Experience with automation and provisioning systems: Ansible and/or Puppet;
- Experience with virtualization environments (i.e. VMware, KVM, etc.);
- Understanding security concepts at design, technical and organizational levels (patch procedures, encryption best practices, roll based access architecture);
- Knowledge of configuration and maintenance of firewall configurations (NAT, Virtual server, Load balancing, VLANs);
- Knowledge of: Ruby, Python, PHP, Bash, SQL, YAML, JSON;
- Experience with: Apache Tomcat, Apache web server, Elastic search, MySQL, PostgreSQL, OpenLDAP;
- Experience with Redhat / CentOS Linux. Solaris experience is an asset;
- Experience with storage appliances (i.e. ZFS storage appliance/NetApp);
- Familiar with container technology;
- Used to work with remote clients/colleagues: using phone, chat-ops tools, email;
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
This job is located in Noordwijk. We welcome applicants who are available from July 2020 (or as soon as possible thereafter).
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English and in Word) to Mr Yannik Dubois, by clicking on the button “Apply for this job” quoting job NL - HP - 4304.
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!