IT System Engineers
- Reference SP - HP - 4463
- Location near Madrid, Spain
- Closing date 05 March 2021
HE Space is a successful international space company. For nearly 40 years, we have been supporting our customers with qualified experts in the field of engineering, science and administration. We are currently looking for a number of IT System Engineers to support our customer in Spain.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
As part of the Information Technology Team responsible for the provision of effective IT Infrastructure services within the European Space Agency’s Science Operations Department, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Participate in the design, development, implementation of IT Infrastructure services;
- Review existing IT Infrastructure projects and services;
- Propose improvements and evolution paths for existing IT Infrastructure;
- Apply security-by-design principles and guidelines provided by IT security colleagues;
- Evaluate, test, implement and validate changes to existing IT Infrastructure services;
- Define and create self-standing and self-explaining documentation for the user community of the IT Infrastructure;
- Ensure that access to IT Infrastructure assets is controlled in accordance with a number of policies (incl. Network Security and Personal Data Protection);
- Provide timely and regular reporting on IT Infrastructure status;
- Execute operational procedures and report on the results of the execution;
- Maintain an updated and complete record of all IT assets within the IT Infrastructure service domain;
- Maintain the IT assets in good operating conditions in accordance with specifications;
- Propose, document and implement a change and release management process;
- Receive, process and record IT Infrastructure Service requests and IT Incidents through the helpdesk;
- Propose criteria and establish processes for properly establishing the priority of IT Infrastructure Service requests;
- Propose and implement an incident management process that will restore service operation as quickly as possible with minimum disruption;
- Perform regular review of incidents to identify recurring ones and associated problems;
- Proactively monitor the availability, performance and capacity trends, as well as proactively perform adjustments in order to mitigate any related risks to the service.
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- Master’s degree in Information Technology or equivalent qualification;
- Several years’ working experience in complex IT infrastructures;
- Good communication skills;
- Capable of critical thinking;
- Excellent time management and prioritizing skills;
- Experience with a range of IT infrastructure software and hardware assets (GRID computing, machine learning, Big Data, networks, Virtual Infrastructure, Linux, Windows, storage systems (NetApp, Oracle ZFS Appliance), databases, automation);
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
This job is located near Madrid (Spain). We welcome applicants who are available from July 2021 (or as soon as possible thereafter).
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English and in Word) to Mr Yannik Dubois, by clicking on the button “Apply for this job” quoting job SP - HP - 4462 before 05-Mar-21.
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!
HE Space recruiting for ESA