IT Specialist for Scientific Research
- Reference NL-HP-3979
- Location Noordwijk, The Netherlands
- Closing date 22 May 2019
HE Space is a successful international space company. For over 35 years, we have been supporting our customers with qualified experts in the field of engineering, science and administration. We are currently looking for IT Support for Scientific Research to support our customer in the Netherlands.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
As part of the Scientific Support Office at ESA you will have the following responsibilities:
- Support the system administrators with specific tasks, e.g. Oracle RDBMS maintenance, Network backups;
- Support system administration of all the computer systems used by the local Scientific Support Office for scientific research activities (installation, upgrading and regular security patching of the operating systems: Solaris, Oracle Linux, Ubuntu);
- Supporting and maintaining NAS devices, virtual environments, GRID and load balancers;
- Installation, security patching and support of commercial and public domain software (Liferay, content Server, Central Authentication System, Oracle Database, MySQL, web services, directory services, IDL, Matlab, Mathematica, backup services, print services, license services and the like);
- Provide proper documentation on supporting and enhancing the IT infrastructure;
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- University degree in the relevant discipline or significant amount of relevant experience;
- Knowledge of Ubuntu, Oracle Linux, OVM software, Solaris, RedHat and Mac OS, EMC backup solutions and Network attached Storage devices;
- Experience in Web services (and related software), directory server, database server (MySQL, Oracle database);
- Experience in Unix-based application software (commercial and public domain);
- Knowledge of managing a GRID system;
- Knowledge of modern programming and scripting languages (java, perl, python);
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
This job is located in Noordwijk. It is a 1 year contract.
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send us your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English and in Word) to Natalia Grajek at email@example.com, quoting job NL-HP-3979 at your earliest convenience.