IT Storage and Backup Engineer
- Reference DE-HP-4675
- Location Darmstadt, Germany
- Closing date 31 January 2022
HE Space is a successful international space company. For over 30 years, we have been supporting our customers with qualified experts in the field of engineering, science and administration. We are currently looking for a IT Storage and Backup Engineer to support our customer in Germany.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
To support our customer in Germany you shall perform tasks related to the development and maintenance of storage and computing systems with special focus on backup, archive and retrieval services, such as:
- Monitoring of the facility services, computing, storage, backup and archive performance;
- Investigation into H/W and S/W problems and performance of the relevant corrective actions;
- Ensuring that in case of H/W or S/W failures the operational configuration can be restored, including the definition, maintenance, performance of backup/archive procedures;
- Provision of stand-by/on-call support;
- Provision of support, as required, to critical operations.
- The duties include the administration and operation of the central archive systems and tape storage components, maintenance of the offsite storage, inventory and support to the operation of the storage services.
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- University degree in the engineering, mathematics, physics, or computer science (or similar) domains;
- Implementation and maintenance of backup and recovery solutions (Veritas NetBackup, IBM TSM, Rubrik or similar);
- Implementation and maintenance of archive solutions managed by Hierarchical Storage Management (HSM) system (Oracle SAM-FS, Versity or similar);
- Administering high end, automated, tape library systems (StorageTek SL8500 series with ACSLS software, IBM High-end Tape Libraries);
- Administration of Storage Area Networks (SAN) and storage solutions (DellEMC, Hitachi, Brocade);
- Administration and troubleshooting on the following shall be considered as an advantage (Linux/Solaris system administration experience);
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
This job is located in Darmstadt.
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English and in Word) to Viktoria Panicharova, by clicking on the button “Apply for this job” quoting job DE-HP-4675 as soon as possible.
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!