IT Security Engineers
- Reference SP - HP - 4462
- Location near Madrid or Noordwijk,
- Closing date 05 March 2021
HE Space is a successful international space company. For nearly 40 years, we have been supporting our customers with qualified experts in the field of engineering, science and administration. We are currently looking for IT Security Engineers to support our customer in Spain and / or the Netherlands.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
As part of the Information Technology Team within the European Space Agency’s Science Operations Department, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Promote information security, security policy compliance, and safe computing practices across the Department;
- Demonstrate a pro-active attitude towards improving the overall IT security aspects, proposing security improvements;
- Provide a security framework which follows security by design principles and is compliant with the different security policies;
- Produce service security baselines for all Team services;
- Perform vulnerability assessments (using vulnerability assessment tools and penetration test tools), making sure that all servers are secure;
- Coordinate TLS certificate requests for all Team services;
- Ensure security plans for externally-facing Department servers are up-to-date;
- Pre-analyse and correlate security events for detection of IT suspicious activity;
- Implement a dashboard showing the status of outstanding IT security incidents, with reference to the impacted IT service;
- Maintain the records of known security incidents in the Department;
- Support the Project/System Security Officer (PSSO) and the Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT) in the resolution of IT security incidents;
- Support the PSSO regarding the IT Security Risk Assessment processes;
- Report and clarify detected vulnerabilities to the PSSO and make recommendations;
- Ensure that information is handled according to and validate the compliance with the Personal Data Protection Policy of Department servers and services;
- Produce SSRS and SECOPS documentation for Department servers;
- Maintain and evolve all the documentation required for the Department Network Security Zones.
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- Master’s degree in Information Technology or equivalent qualification;
- Several years’ working experience in IT Security;
- Experience with firewalls (including Web Application Firewalls), load balancers and SSL offloading (Fortigate, F5);
- Working experience with Containers security (Docker);
- Previous involvement with Forensics frameworks and tools;
- Good knowledge of IT security audit tools and processes;
- End-point security, vulnerability assessment and penetration test tools;
- Security risk assessment tools;
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
These jobs may be located near Madrid (Spain) or Noordwijk (Netherlands). We welcome applicants who are available from July 2021 (or as soon as possible thereafter).
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English and in Word) to Mr Yannik Dubois, by clicking on the button “Apply for this job” quoting job SP - HP - 4462 before 05-Mar-21.
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!
HE Space recruiting for ESA