IT Security Engineer
- Reference DE-HP-4335
- Location Darmstadt, Germany
- Closing date 11 September 2020
HE Space is a successful international space company. For nearly 40 years, we have been supporting our customers with qualified experts in the field of engineering, science and administration. We are currently looking for a IT Security Engineer to support our customer in Germany.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
As part of the IT Security Team in a 24/7 operating environment, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Design, implementation and maintenance of new IT security solutions protecting the customer´s IT equipment, data and staff against loss of integrity, availability and confidentiality and detecting existing security gaps;
- Evolutions of existing IT security solutions;
- Operations, maintenance and troubleshooting of existing IT security solutions protecting EUMETSAT’s IT equipment, data and staff against loss of integrity, availability and confidentiality and detecting existing security gaps;
- Providing IT security expertise and services internally and to other engineering teams as well as, when required, to critical operations;
- Verification of compliance of activities within the customer´s facility with the applicable IT security requirements;
- IT security assessments and auditing on different levels e.g. documentation, implementation, source code;
- Full lifecycle of activities related to IT systems vulnerability management;
- IT security monitoring i.e. assessment of alerts raised by security solutions and services;
- Participation in the customer´s Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT), including provisioning of 24/7 stand-by/on-call;
- Regular generation of IT security reports and metrics.
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- Master’s degree in Software Engineering, IT or equivalent from an accredited university;
- Experience designing, implementing and delivering large-scale enterprise security solutions;
- Experience designing, implementing and operating (including administration and maintenance) of Identity and Access Governance (IGA) solutions, integrated with several operational identity repositories (SAP, OpenLDAP and Active Directory);
- Experience with administration and maintenance of CyberArk in production;
- Experience with administration and maintenance of TrendMicro Deep Security in production on operational equipment;
- Experience with Rapid7 insightVM, performing vulnerability scans on equipment in production / operations;
- Experience performing risk assessments for systems both in development and in production;
- Experience with security-focused auditing for compliance to either security requirements or standards like ISO/IEC 27000-series;
- Experience with administration and maintenance of next-generation firewalls (CISCO FirePower and Palo Alto);
- Experience with setup and operations of a Security Operations Centre;
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
This job is located in Darmstadt. We welcome applicants who are available from October 2020 (or as soon as possible thereafter).
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English and in Word) to Ms Natalia Grajek, by clicking on the button “Apply for this job” quoting job DE-HP-4335 before 11-Sep-20.
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!
Please note: Due to work permit requirements for this position, please apply only if you are citizen of a European Union state or if you are eligible to obtain a work permit for Germany.