Industrial Policy Officer
- Reference NL-HP-4355
- Location Noordwijk, The Netherlands
- Closing date 20 September 2020
HE Space is a successful international space company. For nearly 40 years, we have been supporting our customers with qualified experts in the field of engineering, science and administration. We are currently looking for a Industrial Policy Officer to support our customer in the Netherlands.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
As part of the Directorate of Space Transportation at ESA/ESTEC, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Supporting the Head of Section for Industrial Policy and Economic Analysis by addressing current entry barriers at the Guyana Space Centre (CSG) for new industrial players with the main objective of improving industrial competition for the CSG’s contracts;
- Support the development of customised dedicated national methodologies adapted to each Member State in order to encourage and to improve response from European industry and feed the competitive tender processes regularly undertaken by the CSG for the procurement of their activities;
- Support regular dialogue with ESA Delegations (and, if necessary, with other national institutions identified together with the Delegations) to identify industrial competences and companies with potential relevance to the CSG activities, also considering that several domains of CSG contracts are not specific to the space sector;
- Contact/dialogue with the identified industry;
- In addition to the classical Industry informative sessions provided through “CSG Industry Day(s)” organised by CNES and ESA, set up and manage further dedicated information and workshop days in Europe for industries in close cooperation with the CSG and the concerned Delegations to:
- exchange with industry on opportunities at CSG namely presenting the CSG and its facilities,
- describe the extraordinary maintenance and Core Launch Range Renewal (CLRR) expenditures and activities planned, their associated characteristics, required expertise and financial estimations,
- complement the information published on EMITS in the period 2020-2022 and beyond.
- These additional events may include Industry informative sessions with groups of ESA Delegations in a first phase.
- Set up and manage a helpdesk to support industry (and in particular the new players) in responding to the CNES/ESA Invitation to Tenders;
- Support networking between the potential new industrial players and the existing industrial ecosystem of suppliers in Guyana.
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- Master Degree (University) in an engineering, business and administration or a relevant field;
- Proven ability to rapidly understand and adapt to ESA specific context and environment is expected;
- Past experience with ESA in relevant activities is considered an advantage, although it is not mandatory;
- French language knowledge (reading and speaking) would be valuable advantage;
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
This job is located in Noordwjik. We welcome applicants who are available from October 2020 (or as soon as possible thereafter).
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English and in Word) to Mr Yannik Dubois, by clicking on the button “Apply for this job” quoting job NL - HP - 4355 before 20-Sep-20.
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!