Image Processing Algorithm Engineer
- Reference DE - 4218
- Location Darmstadt, Germany
- Closing date 20 December 2019
HE Space is a successful international space company. For over 30 years, we have been supporting our customers with qualified experts in the field of engineering, science and administration. We are currently looking for an Image Processing Algorithm Engineer. to support our customer in Germany.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
As part of the INR & Calibration Section of the Remote Sensing Products Division (RSP), you will have the following responsibilities:
- Developing an expert knowledge of the MSG Image Processing System;
- Investigating anomalies in the MSG Image Processing System;
- Specifying modifications to the MSG Image Processing System;
- Implementing modifications to the MSG Image Processing System;
- Verifying and validating modifications to the MSG Image Processing System;
- Updating the design and user documentation for the MSG Image Processing System;
- Reviewing, analysing and anomaly investigation of MTG instrument data processing software from procurements;
- Supporting the integration, verification and validation of MTG instrument data processing deliveries;
- Supporting the development of a MTG reference processor at EUMETSAT;
- Prototyping selected instrument data processing algorithms;
- Reviewing, analysing and anomaly investigation of EPS-SG instrument data processing software from procurements;
- Supporting the integration, verification and validation of EPS-SG instrument data processing deliveries;
- Prototyping selected instrument data processing algorithms.
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- Over five years of experience in Object-oriented system design and UNIX;
- Over five years of experience in the implementation of numerical algorithms;
- Real-time image processing of large volumes of data;
- Geometric correction / navigation / registration of satellite images;
- Radiometric correction / calibration of satellite images;
- Performance optimisation of algorithms;
- IDL or MATLAB;
- Integration, verification, and validation of real-time data processing systems.
- Familiarity with ECSS standards, in particular those related to software development;
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
This job is located in Darmstadt. We welcome applicants who are available from December 2019 (or as soon as possible thereafter).
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send us your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English and in Word) to Mr Yannik Dubois, clicking on the button “Apply for this job”, quoting job DE - 4218 before 20-Dec-19.
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!
Please note: Due to work permit requirements for this position, please apply only if you are citizen of a European Union state or if you are eligible to obtain a work permit for Germany.