Hyperspectral Infrared Sounding L1 Expert
- Reference DE - HP - 4260
- Location Darmstadt, Germany
- Closing date 30 April 2020
HE Space is a successful international space company. For over 35 years, we have been supporting our customers with qualified experts in the field of engineering, science and administration. We are currently looking for a Hyperspectral Infrared Sounding L1 Expert to support our customer in Darmstadt, Germany.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
As part of the Hyper-spectral Infrared Level 1 (HSIRL1) team, within the Atmospheric Profiling Competence Area of the Remote Sensing and Product Division you will have the following responsibilities:
- Integration and verification of external software deliveries in the prototype processor;
- Development and documentation of prototype software and test procedures, maintenance of HSIRL1 monitoring tools, generation of test data;
- Development and maintenance of inter-comparison with other infrared data tools;
- Statistical analysis and visualisation of calibrated Level 1 radiances;
- Support the transfer and exchange of the expertise developed with IASI L1 to the other hyper-spectral infrared missions (IASI-NG and MTG-IRS);
- Contribute, coordinate and update the IASI L1 PPF processing running in the ground segment with new auxiliary files and write validation reports;
- Generate automatic daily production of Brightness Temperature maps;
- Improvement of L1 readers capabilities.
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- University degree in computer science, mathematics, physics, astrophysics, meteorology or remote sensing or equivalent;
- Infrared instruments data processing (preferably high resolution, Hyperspectral sounders, like IASI);
- Developing and testing complex scientific software, handling and processing big amounts of data;
- Numerical algorithms and satellite data analysis;
- Familiar with calibration processes (hyper-spectral sounders);
- Object oriented techniqes and software tools for version control;
- UNIX/Linux operating systems knowledge with use of shell/python scripts;
- Advanced use of high level programming languages such as C++, Python, IDL;
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of French language is an advantage.
This job is located in Darmstadt, Germany. We welcome applicants who are available from June 2020 (or as soon as possible thereafter).
This is a parental leave replacement for 1 year.
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send us your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English and in Word) to Mr Yannik Dubois at firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting job DE – 4260 before 30-Apr-2020.
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!
Please note: Due to work permit restrictions for this position, please apply only if you are citizen of a European Union state or if you are eligible to obtain a work permit for Germany.