High-Altitude Balloon Space System Manager
- Reference FR-HP-4721
- Location Toulouse, France
- Closing date 31 May2022
HE Space is a successful international space company. For nearly 40 years, we have been supporting our customers with qualified experts in the field of engineering, science and administration. We are currently looking for a Space system Manager to support our customer in France (Toulouse).
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
To support our customer in France (Toulouse), you will be responsible of developing the space systems of a high-altitude balloon, with the following responsibilities:
Space system Engineering:
- Multi-disciplinary trade-off analysis at system level (mass budget, power budget, thermal stability);
- Risk assessment of the different technologies associated with their level of maturity (TRL) and their cost;
- Be the technical driver and focal point for assuring and maintaining a coherence between the different subsystems;
- Technical responsible of the system requirements and subsystem requirements including (sub)system requirements, verification and validation strategy, test matrix.
- Management of the R&D team to ensure synergies within the team (technical review, non-compliance review, milestone reviews);
- Identification and implementation of system baseline modifications as required as the project will gain in maturity;
- Identify and communicate key information to the executive team and the CTO;
- Be an active part of the certification process of the space balloon.
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- At least 5 years of experience including Space system engineer background with at least 2 years in mechanical or/and thermal subsystems;
- Experience in team management;
- Fluency in French and English are mandatory;
- Be agile and dynamics to work in a start-up environment.
This job is located in Toulouse (France).
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English and in Word) to Vicente Gracia, by clicking on the button “Apply for this job” quoting job FR-HP-4721 as soon as possible.
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!