Hera Project System Engineer
- Reference NL-HP-4504
- Location Noordwijk, The Netherlands
- Closing date 21 April 2021
HE Space is a successful international space company. For nearly 40 years, we have been supporting our customers with qualified experts in the field of engineering, science and administration. We are currently looking for a Hera Project System Engineer to support our customer in the Netherlands.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
This position covers system engineering tasks provided in support to the Hera Project Management team, namely in the areas of System Engineering, Payload Technologies, CubeSat Technology, Technical schedule control, Technical reviews organization, project risk management, project cost control. You will have the following responsibilities:
- Support the Hera development contract in all system and subsystems aspects;
- Day to day coordination with industry, project team and operations team regarding definition of all instruments' interfaces;
- Supporting the project team as focal point in all aspects related to instruments (interfaces, development and verification, planning, operability);
- Day to day technical follow up with industry and international partners of the instruments models and related software developments;
- Managing the applicable requirements for the instruments;
- Supporting the Hera lead system engineer for the technical follow-up of the prime contractor in the development and verification of the platform interfaces with the instruments;
- Oversight of the definition and implementation of the payload interfaces simulator by the prime contractor;
- Preparing and supporting payload verification activities, test setups, test execution (participation in the planning, TRRs, PTRs, NRBs, DRBs);
- Supporting operations preparation, definition of nominal and contingency instrument operation procedures that will be further integrated in the spacecraft operations procedures;
- Documentation review (test requirements, test plan and test report);
- Reviewing validation activity setups, with emphasis on infrared imaging detectors and the associated control electronics;
- Reviewing commissioning of the validation activity setup;
- Overseeing tests using the validation activity setup;
- Reviewing test data analysis and reporting to the relevant team;
- Support the Hera investigation team and close proximity operations working group in all aspects related to payload operations.
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- A Master degree in a relevant discipline;
- Extensive experience in space systems engineering with focus on payloads development including AIV/AIT;
- Experience in management of industrial activities including reviews;
- Knowledge of deep-space missions, knowledge of asteroid missions is considered a bonus;
- Ability to work in an interdisciplinary team;
- Skilled at fostering cooperative and effective interaction with ESA stakeholders, scientific institutions and industry;
- Ability to work independently;
- Result oriented and with excellent communication skills;
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
This job is located in Noordwijk. We welcome applicants who are available as soon as possible.
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English and in Word) to Ms Chiara Grossardi, by clicking on the button “Apply for this job” quoting job NL-HP-4504 before 21-Apr-20.
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!
HE Space recruiting for ESA