Harness Design Engineer
- Reference DEB-HP-3679
- Location Bremen, Germany
- Closing date 20 December 2017
HE Space is a successful international space company. For over 35 years, we have been supporting our customers with qualified experts in the field of engineering, science and administration. We are currently looking for a Harness Design Engineer to support our customer in Germany.
Harness Design Engineer
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
As Harness Design Engineer, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Compiling and documentation of harness designs;
- Creation of trade-offs for justification of harness design in order to ensure best solution (cost, time, risk, requirements);
- Coordination of harness design with other disciplines;
- Entering plugs, cable types and connection details into harness database (e.g. Aucotec Engineering Base);
- Planning and conduction of typical harness design analyses (Voltage, Drop, Worst Case, Derating);
- Creation of harness production documentation and integration procedures;
- Management of material procurement;
- Definition and procurement of jigs and tools for harness assembly and integration;
- Support of non-conformances of design and mitigation actions;
- Definition, maintenance and improvement of relevant processes and planning of investments for harness design and engineering;
- Further development of strategic competences and technologies;
- Support of proposals of OHB System AG regarding harness activities through providing of technical descriptions, identification of relevant activities and cost- and time estimations;
- Participation of reviews.
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- University degree in Electronics, Aerospace Engineering or similar domain;
- Several years of experiences in the area of harness engineering in space business;
- Experiences in space related processes and knowledge of relevant quality standards (ECSS or MIL);
- Experiences in usage of harness databases (e.g. Aucotec Engineering Base);
- Good command of MS Office tools for scheduling;
- High load capability, team minded and strong communication skills;
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
This job is located in Bremen. We welcome applicants who are available from December 2017 (or as soon as possible thereafter).
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send us your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English and in Word) to Ms Schirin Schimansky at firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting job DEB-HP-3679 before 20-Dec-17.
Please note: Due to work permit requirements for this position, please apply only if you are citizen of a European Union state or if you are eligible to obtain a work permit for Germany.