Guidance Navigation and Control Systems Engineer
- Reference NL-HP-4282
- Location Noordwijk, The Netherlands
- Closing date 29 June 2020
HE Space is a successful international space company. For over 35 years, we have been supporting our customers with qualified experts in the field of engineering, science and administration. We are currently looking for a Guidance Navigation and Control Systems Engineer to support our customer in the Netherlands.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
As part of the Technology Directorate of ESTEC, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Definition and implementation of GNC Systems for Planetary Exploration Orbiters and Landers, for Launchers and Re-entry Vehicles and for specialized applications such as Formation Flying;
- The functional support provided to ESA projects (project reviews, GNC design, analyzes and simulation, implementation, AIV/AIT support, operations support, in-orbit analysis support);
- Conception, initialisation and supervision of corresponding enabling GNC technology R/D: Entry, Descent and Landing, Re-entry, RendezVous and Docking, Formation Flying, Hybrid Navigation, Health Management including prototyping and tools development;
- Advanced Control and Estimation Techniques Research and Development;
- Development and utilisation of the Control Hardware Laboratory (e.g. navigation techniques prototyping and testing in open and closed loop);
- Maintenance, development and set-up of GN&C simulation tools;
- Participation to the elaboration and promotion of ECSS standards in the E60 domain.
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- University degree in Aerospace engineering;
- Proven experience in the design, tuning, analysis and simulation of GNC systems in different project phases;
- Proven knowledge of modern control design methods, commercial model-based design tools (MATLAB);
- Experience with rapid-prototyping of hardware-in-the-loop systems;
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
This job is located in Noordwijk.
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send us your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English and in Word) to Agnieszka Iwanczuk at firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting job NL-4282 before 29-Jun-20.
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!