Ground Segment System Engineer
- Reference DED-HP-3964
- Location Darmstadt, Germany
- Closing date 03 January 2019
HE Space is a successful international space company. For over 35 years, we have been supporting our customers with qualified experts in the field of engineering, science and administration. We are currently looking for a Ground Segment System Engineer to support our customer in Germany.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
You will be involved in Ground Segment system engineering activities for existing and future missions. Your responsibilities will include:
- Contribute to the maintenance, for all the operational ground systems, of a complete and consistent set of System Technical Documentation;
- Participate in the system engineering processes for managing requirements through the lifecycle of ground segments, using formal methods and tools (e.g. DOORS) for maintenance, traceability, verification and validation of requirements;
- Perform technical analyses of system architecture and specification evolutions or major upgrades of the operational ground systems, for interfaces coherence and compatibility check with other ongoing developments and identify impacts on baseline technical documentation;
- Support the OPS regular coordination processes, including CRBs and ARB;
- Ensure that the definition and documentation of new interfaces of future ground systems are compatible with the methodology used in Operations;
- Support the definition of the Integration Verification & Validation (IV&V) approach and the related tests for evolutions of existing systems and installation of new systems.
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- University degree (or equivalent) in system engineering or other relevant discipline;
- Several years of experience in System Engineering for the development, or major upgrades, of Ground Segments for Earth Observation missions, or their main components;
- Strong background in the use of modelling and design tools in support of architectural design activities (e.g. Vitech CORE, Enterprise Architect);
- Experiences with software development lifecycles, system testing for Earth Observation systems and knowledge of the Ground System Engineering processes and standards i.e. ECSS;
- Experience in the definition, management and traceability of requirements structure with the support of dedicated tools (e.g. DOORS);
- Experience in Integration, Verification and Validation (IV&V) of complex systems;
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
This job is located in Darmstadt.
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send us your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English and in Word) quoting job reference DED-HP-3964 to Ms Chiara Grossardi at firstname.lastname@example.org.
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!
Please note: Due to work permit requirements for this position, please apply only if you are citizen of a European Union state or if you are eligible to obtain a work permit for Germany.