Ground Segment Product Assurance and Safety Engineer
- Reference NL-HP-4066
- Location Noordwijk, The Netherlands
- Closing date 03 May 2019
Caring about space experts like you for more than 35 years. Matchmaking the best candidates for engineering, scientific and administrative positions at our customers. Investing in you to support the development of the European space industry. This is HE Space.
We are currently looking for a Ground Segment Product Assurance and Safety Engineer to support our customer in the Netherlands.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
The incumbent will support the Galileo Ground Segment PA Unit in all the activities related to the PA and Safety Programme:
- Guiding and monitoring the implementation of PA&S requirements in order to assess performance/effectiveness, participation in design reviews and directing the necessary preventive or corrective actions;
- Supporting the process for evaluation and approval of contractors’ waivers and deviations;
- Supporting the project non-conformance process and attendance/organization of non-conformance/anomaly review boards as necessary;
- Ensuring the implementation of the Ground Segment PA Requirements baseline across the applicable Galileo Ground Segments;
- Monitoring the integration and test activities with quality assurance audits, mandatory and key inspection points, test witnessing and configuration inspections;
- Supporting the definition of the formal acceptance requirements and conduction of acceptance reviews of all contractual deliverable items;
- Ensuring the preparation of design trade-offs, analyses and reports using RAMS data to support project decisions;
- Supporting Security activities for ground segments as appropriate;
- Support the maintenance of the Navigation Directorate Quality Management System.
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- University degree in engineering or other relevant field;
- Minimum of 10 year’s experience in the space sector including 5 years in Product and Quality Assurance;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, together with a high degree organizational and communication abilities;
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
This job is located in Noordwijk.
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send us your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English and in Word) to Ms Agnieszka Iwanczuk via the website www.hespace.com/vacancies, ASAP but no later than 03-May-19 quoting job NL-HP-4066