GNSS Performance Expert
- Reference FR-HP-4614
- Location Toulouse, France
- Closing date 29 October 2021
HE Space is a successful international space company. For nearly 40 years, we have been supporting our customers with qualified experts in the field of engineering, science and administration. We are currently looking for a GNSS Performance Expert to support our customer in France (Toulouse).
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
To support our customer in France (Toulouse), you will ensure the monitoring and the analysis of EGNOS signal performances; contribute to the company performance technical activities and to the research and development, with the following responsibilities:
EGNOS performance activity analysis:
- The daily monitoring of the signal performances, and the characterisation of observed degradations;
- The detection, analysis and monitoring of anomalies;
- Carrying out the following performance engineering activities:
- Development of indicators supporting the characterisation of EGNOS performances
- Improvement proposals of algorithms related to monitoring and analysis performance tools
- Coordination of tasks on some dossier and technical notes
- Preparation and participation to a working group composed of SBAS performance experts;
- Provision of technical support to formal reviews as well as the participation to Boards and meetings, when topics related to EGNOS performance and to SBAS standardisation are treated.
Research and Development:
- Contribution to the analysis of the observed scientific phenomenon and to the research and development activities, in particular in the ionospheric perturbation domain;
- Having knowledge in the ionospheric phenomenon, contribution to project and activities on Space Weather;
- Contribution to technical studies in the area of SBAS performance;
- Production of papers and presentation of some of them in the frame of scientific symposiums.
Skills & Experience
- Engineering Master degree or equivalent qualification;
- Minimum 7 years of experience on EGNOS System in SBAS/GNSS domain, preferably within an international context;
- Experience in Matlab and in Python;
- Experience in basic programming and/or scripting;
- Knowledge of GNSS Services and applications desirable;
- Fluency in English is mandatory. A knowledge of another European language is an advantage;
- Available for work starting on 06 UTC for supporting ACFJ (Australia-Canada-France-Japan) Consortium internal handover (about 20 days per year);
- Available for on-call duty (daytime work) during weekends and public holidays.
This job is located in Toulouse (France).
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English and in Word) to Chiara Grossardi, by clicking on the button “Apply for this job” quoting job FR-HP-4614 before the 20-09-21.
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!
HE Space recruiting for ESA!