GNSS Performance and Tools Engineer
- Reference FR-HP-4615
- Location Toulouse, France
- Closing date 21 October 2021
HE Space is a successful international space company. For nearly 40 years, we have been supporting our customers with qualified experts in the field of engineering, science and administration. We are currently looking for a GNSS Performance and Tools Engineer to support our customer in France (Toulouse).
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
To support our customer in France (Toulouse), you will be responsible for the management and maintenance of SBAS and GNSS performance analysis tools, with the following responsibilities:
EGNOS SIS and performance monitoring:
- Maintenance in operational conditions of GNSS Signals collection, archiving and processing chain (including Radio Frequency and Software aspects) and keeping relevant document up to date;
- Provision of technical support regarding the integrity and availability of GNSS data;
- Monitoring of the EGNOS signal performances including the characterization, analysis and reporting of observed degradations of GNSS signals;
- Responsible on the integration and exploitation of GNSS internal and procured software within the Engineering/Performance team.
ICAO Space weather service provision:
- Space weather condition monitoring (forecaster role) in the frame of ICAO Space Weather service;
- Contribution to Technical analysis and data processing combining both GNSS and Space weather aspects.
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- Engineering Master degree or equivalent qualification;
- Minimum 5 years of experience on EGNOS System in SBAS/GNSS domain, preferably within an international context;
- Experience in Matlab and in Python;
- Experience in basic programming and/or scripting;
- Knowledge of GNSS Services and applications desirable;
- Fluency in English is mandatory. A knowledge of another European language is an advantage;
- Available for work starting on 06 UTC for supporting ACFJ (Australia-Canada-France-Japan) Consortium internal handover (about 20 days per year);
- Available for on-call duty (daytime work) during weekends and public holidays (10 to 15 days per year).
This job is located in Toulouse (France).
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English and in Word) to Chiara Grossardi, by clicking on the button “Apply for this job” quoting job FR-HP-4615 before the 20-09-21.
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!