GNC Systems Engineer
- Reference NL-HP-4164
- Location Noordwijk, The Netherlands
- Closing date 25 September 2019
Caring about space experts like you for more than 35 years. Matchmaking the best candidates for engineering, scientific and administrative positions at our customers. Investing in you to support the development of the European space industry. This is HE Space. We are currently looking for a GNC Systems Engineer to support our customer in the Netherlands.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
As part of the Guidance, Navigation & Control Section Team at ESTEC, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Address the multi-disciplinary / physics and high-fidelity End to End vehicle dynamics modelling with implementation in 6DoF simulation environments;
- Daily support and expert analyses to develop ongoing & future ascender and descender systems (including micro-launchers, re-entry systems, re-usable VTVL Systems in atmospheric and orbital flight on current ESA Simulation and Verification Platforms)
- Perform system sizing, requirements capture, architecture conception, advanced GNC design as well as performance and SW validation analyses;
- Support to the conception of new Mission Vehicle and Flight Management (MVMS) Systems towards incremental Flight Autonomy;
- Advanced Monitoring and Reconfiguration Systems (FDIR) as well as state of the art Flight SW based on Robust Adaptable Control & Real-Time Optimised Guidance Strategies.
- New efficient validation Advanced Analysis Tools must be mastered to drastically improve the gaps and shortcomings of current validation approaches.
- Provide regular Technical Reporting of the GNC Design and Analyses as well as contribute to the preparation and execution of project and technology studies reviews.
- Experience in the design of classical space transportation GNC systems including Thrust Vector Control/Attitude Control Systems
- Mastering of advanced multivariable GNC design and verification approaches for the stability and performance robustness analysis is a prerequisite
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- University degree or equivalent qualification in aerospace engineering;
- Proven experience in the design, tuning, analysis, and simulation of GNC systems in different project phases;
- Proven knowledge of modern control design methods, commercial model-based design tools (e.g. MATLAB, Simulink, etc.);
- Experience with rapid-prototyping of hardware-in-the-loop systems;
- Detailed flight mechanics, environment, aerodynamics, structures, propulsion, actuator and sensor system modelling;
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
This job is located in Noordwijk. We welcome applicants who are available from October 2019 (or as soon as possible thereafter).
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English) to Mr Yannik Dubois by clicking on the button “Apply for this job” ASAP but no later than 25-Sep-19 quoting job NL-HP-4164.