- Reference NL-HP-5009
- Location Noordwijk, The Netherlands
- Closing date 20 February 2023
HE Space is a successful international space company. For 40 years, we have been supporting our customers with qualified experts in the field of engineering, science and administration.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
As part of the Guidance, Navigation & Control Section, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Definition and implementation of GNC (Guidance, Navigation and Control) Systems for Planetary Exploration Orbiters and Landers, for Launchers and Re-entry Vehicles and for specialised applications such as Formation Flying. The functional support provided to ESA projects (e.g. Exomars, Bepi Colombo, Proba3, ATV, Vega, IXV, …) includes:
- Participation to project reviews (SRR, PDR CDR, …);
- GNC design, analyses and simulations (control loops design and modelling, FDIR, Independent simulator set-up, functional verification and performance budgets);
- GNC SW implementation;
- Sensors and actuators selection and procurement support;
- AIV/AIT support (test benches, review of test plans and test results);
- Operations support (review of Operations Manual, rehearsal and LEOP);
- Support to in-orbit analysis.
- Conception, initialisation and supervision of corresponding enabling GNC technology R/D: Entry, Descent and Landing, Re-entry, RendezVous and Docking, Formation Flying, Hybrid Navigation, Health Management including prototyping and tools development;
- Advanced Control and Estimation Techniques Research and Development ;
- Development and utilisation of the Control Hardware Laboratory (e.g. navigation techniques prototyping and testing in open and closed loop);
- Maintenance, development and set-up of GN&C simulation tools;
- Participation to the elaboration and promotion of ECSS standards in the E60 domain.
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- Master's degree in aerospace or control engineering;
- Proven experience in the design, tuning, analysis and simulation of GNC systems in different project phases;
- Proven knowledge of modern control design methods, commercial model-based design tools (MATLAB).;
- Experience with rapid-prototyping of hardware-in-the-loop systems;
- Ability to interface with industry;
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
This job is located in Noordwijk.
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send your CV (in English and in Word or PDF) to Chiara Grossardi, by clicking on the button “Apply for this job” quoting job NL-HP-5009.
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!
HE Space recruiting for ESA
- Team Coordinator
- +49 421 430 42313