Geospatial Solutions Architect
- Reference UK- HP-4448
- Location Harwell, UK
- Closing date 02 March 2021
HE Space is a successful international space company. For nearly 40 years, we have been supporting our customers with qualified experts in the field of engineering, science and administration. We are currently looking for a Geospatial Solutions Architect to support our customer in the United Kingdom.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
Activities will range from scientific research to designing, defining and building innovative geospatial solutions, demonstrators and prototypes as well as providing technical consultancy expertise and advice to internal and external partners.
You will have the following responsibilities:
- Contribute technical expertise to the development and implementation of geospatial technology strategy, including objectives and delivery against KPI’s;
- Negotiate with management, customers, regulators or vendors to influence decisions in support of business activities;
- Maintain knowledge of the practices of similar organisations as well as staying at the forefront of technical developments;
- Lead the delivery of projects/programmes including providing specialist technical expertise and leadership;
- Lead the design and specification of all system components considering functionality, data, security, integration, infrastructure, and performance;
- Document solutions using industry best practice including architecture diagrams, APIs, DB schema and data models;
- Facilitate groups or teams through problem solving processes;
- Provide leading technical input into business development activities;
- Represent the company at external communities, conferences and take an active role in developing the community;
- Provide solution architectural governance, leadership and serve as a technical coach and mentor for more junior members of the team.
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- Degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, GIS, or a related field;
- 5+ years of experience architecting / developing geospatial solutions/systems that leverage both opensource and COTS geospatial (GIS/EO) technologies (desktop, server, mobile, web);
- Experience in platform architecture, solution design, project envisioning, planning, developing, deployment, security, identity management frameworks, cloud, and scalability;
- Experience with large volume geospatial data, ideally earth observation software technologies and data;
- Experience with a broad range of both commercial and open-source geospatial software technologies and software engineering tools:
- Geospatial Technologies including Esri ArcGIS Enterprise, Google Earth Engine, QGIS, MapBox, ENVI, FME, GeoServer, Terria.JS
- GIS and EO data portals and platforms
- Experience with Cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, Google)
- Knowledge of Open Geospatial Consortium standards with particular focus on web-based GIS data standards;
- Substantial experience leading large scale, complex multi partner projects;
- Recognised external expert with established network through contributions to working groups, communities of interest and thought leadership activities;
- Direct experience of R&D proposal development and working in partnership/consortia settings;
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
This job is located in Harwell. We welcome applicants who are available as soon as possible.
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English and in Word) to Ms Chiara Grossardi, by clicking on the button “Apply for this job” quoting job UK- HP-4448.
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!