Galileo Ground Segment Engineer
- Reference DE-HP-4296
- Location Munich, Germany
- Closing date 12 June 2020
HE Space is a successful international space company. For nearly 40 years, we have been supporting our customers with qualified experts in the field of engineering, science and administration. We are currently looking for a Galileo Ground Segment Engineer to assist our customer in Germany.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
You will have the following responsibilities:
- Leading anomaly recovery activities with a particular emphasis on the System Level analysis and coordination;
- Leading Ground Segment Improvement proposals with an emphasis to enhance the service delivered to the Customer;
- Analysis of Galileo Evolution Roadmap and provide expert opinions to influence the deployment scope and schedule;
- Provide inputs for the Maintenance concept and plan;
- Reviewing the new system designs and making recommendations regarding its operability and maintainability;
- Support the design of end-to-end integrated maintenance and troubleshooting environments for Galileo systems;
- Managing the performance of all maintenance procedures of the ground segment manual;
- Participating in subcontractor readiness assessments and performance reviews;
- Participating in the acceptance process of assets and deliverables, including audits and verification activities.
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- Space Systems Engineering including end to end system level knowledge
- Extensive experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Galileo System/Segment Design (GCS or GMS)
- Galileo System/Segment Manufacturing
- Galileo System/Segment Integration & Test
- Galileo System/Segment Procurement
- Galileo System/Segment Contractor Management
- Galileo System/Segment Maintenance
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
This job is located in Munich.
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English and in Word) to Ms Chiara Grossardi, by clicking on the button “Apply for this job” quoting job DE-HP-4296.
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!
Please note: Due to work permit requirements for this position, please apply only if you are citizen of a European Union state or if you are eligible to obtain a work permit for Germany.