Galileo Control Segment Networks Support Engineer
- Reference NL-HP-4613
- Location Noordwijk, The Netherlands
- Closing date 27 September 2021
HE Space is a successful international space company. For nearly 40 years, we have been supporting our customers with qualified experts in the field of engineering, science and administration. We are currently looking for a Galileo Control Segment Networks Support Engineer to support our customer in the Netherlands.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
As Galileo Control Segment (GCS) Networks Support Engineer you will have the following responsibilities:
- Network operation and maintenance;
- Be responsible of supporting and following up the procurement carried out by the Ground Control Segment (GCS) Prime industrial contractor for the Network elements:
- Ensuring from a technical point of view that the element is correctly implemented, tested, delivered and verified, such that it is acceptable for integration into the GCS and meets the overall ESA requirements;
- Ensuring that the procurement process, in particular every review milestone, is carried out in accordance with the element SOW and any specific rules defined in agreed GCS Prime “Organizational Notes”;
- Resolving directly with the GCS Prime all minor technical and programmatic problems, including the management of Evolution Maintenance Requests, covering enhancements requested by the Operations team;
- In all activities, maintain a constant awareness of the cost and schedule impact of any decisions made, carefully trading off the benefits to the mission against any possible delays and additional costs for topics related to Networks.
- Interface with other areas of the project on Network related topics:
- Support and interactions with other areas of the project (systems, space segment, operations, GMS, Security) for the provision of expertise related to GCS interfaces and functionality for the topics related to Networks and cybersecurity;
- interactions with the Systems team, especially for the following system integration aspects: review of system integration test procedures, test data, RVMs, VCDs, provision of GCS interface verification status information, updates (DCPs, DCNs) for external ICDs and support to the EB UNCLA when required and main point of contact for the EB CLA.
- Support the preparation of G2G Procurement actions in the area of Networks:
- Support the G2G procurement activities related to the GCS aspects and extended to other areas as required;
- Contribution to the definition of the Ground Segment requirements;
- Technical management of study contracts placed with European industry, including technical follow-up of industrial teams as required;
- Follow up of Phase B0 and preparation of Phase B1;
- Evaluation of proposals and support to reviews.
- Report on progress and status of the development and other activities to the Head of Galileo G1 GCS Management Service:
- Informing the GCS Technical Manager of any major technical and programmatic problem having cost and schedule impact;
- Regularly reporting on the status of the Networks development within GCS;
- Regularly reporting on the follow-up of G2G developments.
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- Engineer Master’s degree (or equivalent).
- Knowledge of IT technology (including virtualization) and Networks;
- Knowledge and experience of the design and performance of satellite communications systems;
- Knowledge and experience of Satellite Control and Monitoring Systems including its operations, architecture and implementation;
- Knowledge of the development, test and verification as well as deployment of ground segments;
- Knowledge and experience in GNSS Systems (Galileo experience is considered a huge advantage);
- Experience in procurement of industrial activities;
- Autonomy in writing minutes of meetings, technical notes, specifications and reports;
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage;
Specific Competence Requirements:
The personnel assigned to carry out the above activities must eligible for a Personal Security Clearances (PSC) from a country within the EU, issued by their national security administration(s).
This job is located in Noordwijk. We welcome applicants who are available as soon as possible. If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English and in Word) to Yannik Dubois, by clicking on the button “Apply for this job” quoting job NL-HP-4613 before 27-Sep-21.
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!
HE Space recruiting for ESA