Future Project System Engineer
- Reference NL-HP-4590
- Location Noordwijk, The Netherlands
- Closing date 10 August 2021
HE Space is a successful international space company. For nearly 40 years, we have been supporting our customers with qualified experts in the field of engineering, science and administration. We are currently looking for a Future Project System Engineer to support our customer in the Netherlands.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
As part of the support to PRODEX programme at ESTEC, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Providing inputs to and support to the definition of the programme of work for the development of the PRODEX experiments within the scientific institutes, in line with the instructions received from the PRODEX management. This task will include supporting the review of the experiment proposals, the preparation, the implementation and the monitoring of the research agreements between the Institutes and the PRODEX Office;
- Assisting in the preparation, implementation and monitoring of industrial contracts. This includes:
- Providing inputs to the preparation of Tender Documents, participating in proposal evaluations, prepare inputs to subsequent contract negotiations, monitor the end-to-end development of the activities contracted to the industrial consortia;
- Supporting the monitoring of the technical, schedule and financial status of the developments assigned to her/him, identifying potential problem areas and recommend solutions;
- Liaising between scientific institutes and industry when contracts are running;
- Interfacing internally with the ESA project teams or specialists on technical/programmatic matters and with the ESA-ESTEC administration regarding the financial and contractual matters;
- Providing Management and Programmatic inputs to the PRODEX Office management as required;
- Preparing / providing inputs to reports as required.
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- Master degree in in physics, space engineering or related fields;
- Demonstrated experience in space instrumentation development, including system engineering; and project management is mandatory and knowledge of project control principles an asset;
- A demonstrated experience in interacting with scientific institutions and industry, coupled with experience in the implementation, design, definition, manufacturing and test of Space Scientific Instruments in one of the domains of the Programme;
- System-oriented thinking with a general understanding of the project/problem to solve;
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to communicate and cooperate with a wide range of staff internally and externally;
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
This job is located in Noordwijk. We welcome applicants who are available from October 2021 (or as soon as possible thereafter).
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English and in Word) to Viktoria Panicharova by clicking on the button “Apply for this job” quoting job NL-HP-4590 before 10-Aug-21.
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!
HE Space recruiting for ESA!